If you could only keep 5 record albums, what would they be?

I am looking at my collection this evening and trying to determine my favorites.  If I had to narrow it down to 5 it would be: Dan Fogelberg...The Netherlands; Roy Clark...Yesterday When I Was Young; James Taylor...Flag; Talking Heads...77; and last but not at all least, Commodores...Greatest Hits. All oldies but goodies that I still enjoy listening to as much as when I bought them many years ago.
awhittington
Great thread.  Commenting to add it to my list.  Can't wait to hear some new albums.
Just putting in writing is hard.

joni Mitchell - blue
gram Parsons - GP
John grant - pale green ghosts
John Wizards - John Wizard
paul Simon - Graceland

falling off William Onyeabor, Laura marling, Bob Dylan, lcd soundsystem, muddy waters - the folk singer, pink floyd, the band, david Bowie, Gillian Welch  ...... aaargh already subbed 2 on on the top list
Dire Straits - Dire Straits
Eva Cassidy - Nightbird
Eagles - Greatest Hits
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
Counting Crows - August and Everything After

then I looked up one post and saw rich’s ’Graceland’....crap, probably gonna bump Norah...
Post removed 

This topic thread pops up regularly, sometimes with a more reasonable 10 album limit ;-). But okay, 5. I’ll limit it to Pop (non-Classical), as this crowd is of a more Rock persuasion. I will also leave off my number 1 and 2, as everyone may be sick of hearing about The Band (their debut and it’s follow-up, Music From big Pink and The Band, aka the "brown" album). In no particular order, and at this moment in time:

- The Everly Brothers: any best-of collection. They created the Rock ’n’ Roll template of great songs (chord progressions, melodies), great singing, great musicians (the best in Nashville), and the 2-part harmony copied by everyone, especially The Beatles.

- Dave Edmunds: Get It. IMO the premiere practitioner of Rock ’n’ Roll guitar playing (Chuck Berry perfected), production (his own, The Everly Brothers, The Stray Cats, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, The Flamin’ Groovies, Foghat, Mason Ruffner, Brinsley Schwartz, many others), arranging, and singing. Get It is only one of his albums I would be happy to take.

- Rockpile: Seconds Of Pleasure. Pure, 100 Proof American Rock ’n’ Roll, created by an Englishman (Nick Lowe) and three Welshmen (Dave Edmunds, Billy Bremner, and Terry Williams). The best live Rock ’n’ Roll band I have ever seen/heard.

- The Dwight Twilley Band: Sincerely. The debut album by the trio of Dwight (vocals, rhythm guitar, piano), Phil Seymour (vocals, drums), and Bill Pitcock IV (lead guitar). The ultimate, perfect melding of early Beatles and early Elvis Presley. What a debut!

- The Flamin’ Groovies: Shake Some Action. Dismissed by some as an English Invasion Cover/Garage band (even by Bill Graham, but what did he know?), but I love ’em. This album, produced by Dave Edmunds, is really, really special; I guarantee it sounds like no other you have heard.

- John Hiatt: Bring The Family. Combine the songwriting and singing of John Hiatt with the musicianship of Ry Cooder, Nick Lowe, and Jim Keltner, and you have one of the very best albums ever recorded and released.

Oops. You just can’t break up a 6-pack, can you? ;-)