Modestly priced bookshelf speakers for cabin.

I have a small cabin in the country where I spend weekends.

Current system is a 1980's Toshiba 25wpc receiver I got in high school. Bose 2.2 bookshelf speakers that are about 28 years old. They actually sound okay to me most of the time. $14 Sony DVD/CD player from Goodwill.

Even though this 'system' is sufficient most of the time, I've got the hi-fi bug since getting my home system and I've started thinking about slowly upgrading the cabin system on the lowest budget I can.....since I can't really justify doing it at all. ;-)

Rarely do I do any serious listening down there but would like to be able to when I have the chance.

So my first step is to replace the Bose speakers. Looking to spend no more than $350 or so. Is it possible to significantly improve on the Bose at that price? (I'm assuming yes).

The only thing I've even considered is the Klipsch RB-61 IIs or RP 160Ms. Why Klipsch? Back in the 70's my eccentric uncle used to have a massive pair of them that I thought were cool. Open to other options and advice.

Thanks for any advice.

n80
space configuration may make a difference
i love the klipsch but getting good imaging is tough
Sound stage is not a big consideration for me in this application so that might not be an issue.

Here is a question about the Klispch (and probably other brands as well): Klipsch makes a  floor standing (tower type) speaker that have one tweeter and one woofer. It is their lowest end floor speaker. As best I can tell it is the same tweeter and woofer that comes in one of their bookshelf speakers. The towers cost about $100 more.

Just wondering what you get out of the tower that you don't get out of the bookshelf with the same woofer and tweeter? Better bass from the bass port on the tower? Different crossover?