What to do when the preamp you were ripped off on shows up online ?

Hi folks ,I bought a McIntosh C-2200 with factory box & remote ,I paid using PayPal instant payment but seller refuses to ship & refuses to refund the $3,500 I paid him ,I hesitate to say what site the stolen preamp is listed at but I've notified Agon staff of the eBay auction # as well as PayPal dispute case number ,I hate to see another audiophile get beaten out of $3,250 ,any suggestions on what to do next ? The C-2200 preamp was going to be my eldest sons Christmas present as he has coveted & drooled over the C-2200 in my all McIntosh 5 channel system ,any help would be great .
128x128bigjoe

eBay is one of the safest platforms to buy anywhere.  I have been selling on eBay since 1998.  And you should know that as a buyer if you don't like what you bought on eBay, within 30 days, you will get your money back regardless if the seller says no refunds. eBay will side will the buyer 100% of the time "unless" they think there is fraud involved. (on the sellers part)  

Let me add a little personal experience.  I wanted to build my own LP ultrasonic cleaner. So I bought a generic ultrasonic cleaner base and parts that would work to raise and lower the LP's.  I had things to do so it sat around for a few weeks before I put it all together.  Well, the heater on the unit did not work properly and I asked the company for an exchange.  They said no, so I contacted eBay.  They were polite, but told me after 30 days they couldn't help me.  I admitted I took to long, reference my longevity on eBay etc. Still no. However then she said: "did you pay by PayPal?", why yes I did, "Oh good, because you get a 60 guarantee with PayPal. Never heard of such a thing.  Long story short I filled a claim with PayPal and received a full refund within 48 hours.

Now what is worse about the process, for a seller, is that PayPal did not require me to send back the unit before they issued the refund.  I did return it but there was no requirement to do so.

bigjoe,

"...the seller asked if I still wanted to buy the preamp from him ,I said I would but cannot..."
I hope you did not mean that. The "would" part, not the "cannot" part.

If you used PayPal and haven't received the item contact them and let them know. They hold the funds until everything looks good on both ends.best of luck and thanks for the heads up. 
Big Joe, would you adopt me? Your son is a lucky guy. Have you considered giving your son your C-2200 and replace it at your leisure? Just a thought. I had a similar experience a while back. I unloaded both barrels by opening a Paypal dispute and a credit card dispute simultaneously (I have a credit card as my payment method with Paypal). Had the credit card charge reversed before Paypal could put its pants on. Only way I do business online. If someone doesn't take Paypal, I don't buy. Rarely a problem. I'm glad things are going in the right direction. Have a very Merry Christmas.  
Why not just give him yours? You can get another for yourself or even an upgrade. That is if you can do without for a while?