Is it time to just quit?

Time to just quit?                      
Buying audio stuff?                             
Posting to an empty house?                          
My gut feeling is no one is posting in the regular 'free' threads. Maybe they all are paying to post? I could not know, since I am way too cheap to pay to just post 'exclusive'.  Being natural paranoid, I think everyone is posting over there, not here?                                       
Then I also just hit my limit on credit card Paypal. Now I have to become "verified' or no Paypal.    
This also happened at a fortuitous moment, when I was starting to overspend...             
So no buying OR selling here for me (unless I am willing to get the Paypal CC. Which I have to think about)So maybe the Universe is telling me "Time to quit".???  
Not quit listening to music, just NOT buying more stuff and NOT posting more gibberish.
elizabeth
Thats a good one but I'm pretty sure the ice shower would be quite unpleasant whereas  my digital is the exact opposite quite lovely so can't buy it.  
Elizabeth. I don't see you posting anything gibberish. Your opinions are much welcomed here. You bring a very well thought out expression that does not carry a heavy tone but adds life to these threads. You had a big influence on me getting the SA-10. When I had got my new amp and preamp then added a 2nd dedicated line all my system was messed up. Like it had a cold. You suggested it was the new wiring causing the harshness. You told me it would settle in and it finally did after a couple of weeks. So your experience is well valued here. Keep posting! Oh I just put some damping material on top of the Marantz but can't tell much difference. It is built solid with no ringing on the chassis. The phono preamp is another story. Lets see you post.

It's fun with Elizabeth participating.

Most of us will never meet, but it is good to know that there are others out there that know and appreciate music and equipment.  I don't participate in forums all the time because it isn't necessary and others are contributing quite well thank you.

But I chime in now and then to say hi and give my opinion.

Elizabeth dropped off the net for awhile.  I was glad she came back.

Maybe there should be an Audiogon get together (lunch) at the RMAF or some such each year.  Where we can sit, eat, drink and discuss great music and equipment.  That may be fun.

anyway, hang around Elizabeth.

enjoy

Here's my 2 cents, maybe 1.5 for some and 2.5 for others. I work with audiophiles, daily, and see such a huge mental change happening that it makes HEA forums look like graveyards. Mapman and Uberwaltz touched on it on this thread and several others are preaching the new age on other threads and forums.

Most of the new audiophiles are not going to need to invest what generations past have spent for the same SQ. Don't get me wrong my clients build entire tunable rooms and use tunable tools, but then when comparing the massive 90's on systems to the new super low mass systems, the newer systems are winning out.

This being the case it will only be a matter of time before we will have two main camps. Those who do mechanical tuning and those who do electronic tuning. So preserving expensive high end audio ventures are going to continue to be less and less equipment wise.

The good news is, those with expensive components will be able to cash in and pay for their newer systems with money to bank. That is except for the last ones standing.

mg

Wonderfull post but I don't have time to read all this stuff, I got shopping to do.