Speaker recommendation for Home Theater

Ok.  I need some advice.  Here is some context:  I’ve been out of the HiFi game for over 10 years.  My last set of speakers were a Magnepan 5.1 setup with 1.6QR mains, CC3 center and surrounds and a REL B3 Sub.  These are starting to buzz due to old age and i figured I might just upgrade all around.    I do love the sound of the Maggies in a surround setup but could be up for a change.  Total budget would be about $15k (+/-) for a 5.1 setup.   I’d also be open to going 7.1.4 with some Atmos action down the road...  

I don’t do much 2 channel listening anymore - kids and forced-family-fun have ruled out time for me to sit anywhere for more than 30 seconds except when watching movies.  

What say you?  
wanderingmoo
Thought I would mention the setup I went with and have been quite happy with the results. 

I have a Classe CT-SSP pre/pro, and while separating my home theatre and two channel stereo into two independent systems I decided to try using two Focal Solo6 Be self powered pro monitors with the CT-SSP for my front right and left channels. This is a 4.1 setup using phantom center channel. I found it necessary to set the crossover at 90hz to get what I consider to be stellar performance out of this setup. I have considered adding a 3rd Solo6 Be for true 5.1 setup, but it sounds so good as is I'm just not sure it would be money well spent.

As always YMMV but these Focal monitors are amazing and you can buy them with a 30 day return policy. Might be worth a try as you could save $$ over other setups.

Gary  
The Classe CT SSP/SSP 800 is spectacular. I owned the SSP 800, which is basically the same as the CT SSP, for almost 8 years until recently. Now I have the Lyngdorf MP-50 cause I want Dolby Atmos, DTS-X & Auro 3D and the Classe SSP 800 does not support these formats.
That's the main reason I sold the Classe SSP 800 and got the new Lyngdorf MP-50. 
I'm back.  Long Thanksgiving holiday.  Whew...  

I've decided to go with the Dynaudio Contour 60/25c combo for my mains and center channel – I liked 'em a lot!  Since our last discussion, I've started to re-balance my listening habits.  I really want to get back into 2-channel listening so this likely changes things a bit (sorry about that).  

Here is what I have on my short-list for completing the system: 
1. Dynaudio built-in speakers for 7.1 setup (side and rear surround speakers)
2. Marantz (used) AV8xxx pre/pro
3. Musical Fidelity M6si (or similar $2k ish integrated with HT bypass)
4. Multi-channel surround/center amp (Parasound? Emotiva? others?)

My thinking here... admitted primordial...  is to get a good 2 channel setup that can double as a decent home theater setup when the family enters the man-cave.  Given I've just pulled the trigger on a lot of speakers, I need to be frugal for the rest of the setup until I can recharge the play-fund (likely 12-18 months).  

Sorry for the curve ball but would value your continued advice.  
The Dynaudio Contours are really good, we just heard them at the NY audio show, and we were impressed.

Your idea on the Musical Fidelity M6 is a good one they are very powerful and clean, we would recommend a high quality surround sound receiver to power the center and any surrounds. 

The Anthem MRX 720 is fantastic for $2,500.00  if you are looking for a great sounding powerful receiver look for a used Cambridge CX 200.

Or move up to one of the higher end 2 channel integrated amplifiers like the Anthem STR which has a great built in dac, offers room correction and 250 watts on tap.

Another great integrated is the Coda CS IB a 400 $6k watt powerhouse no dac, with 5 watts pure class A amazing build and sound quality for a purist 2 channel integrated. 

If you are going back to 2 channel than you want to put the money into a really good 2 channel integrated and use a good quality surround sound receiver to power the rest.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Also if you like the sound of the Dynaudio's see if it  there is a Legacy dealer anywhere near you the Signature is a worthy competitor to the Dynaudio similar tonaltity big and warm, big soundstage very deep bass and it is only $7k a pair you might really like them.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ