Help with sub upgrade

I am looking at upgrading my subs in my HT system. Paradigm Sig4's and C3 up front, Anthem AVM30, Denon 3910 and Mac 207 amp. The room is 13w x 26l and 7.5h, Seating position is 12ft from front. Currentlty i am considering 2 JL F112's vs 2 ML's depths or perhaps a three sub REL system (B2, r305 i have one, and a T1 in the back. The system is 90% movies but i care a lot about how music sounds. I have space issues so the subs i have listed all fit where they need to go. Thanks for any thoughts that you might share. P.S. i would have gone with paradigm subs but they are too deep for the alloted space.
docrobbi
I have to agree with the JL Audio subs but instead of 1 F113 like the previous posts suggest just go for the pair of F112's.

If you have any woodworking skills then you can get comparable performance and save some big $$$ in the process. My DIY subs lack some definition and clarity compared to the Fathom F113 I previously had but for movies they blow it out of the water. I have never heard a more articulate sub then the Fathom F113 I owned for music though and that includes most of the top brands.
i am a very big fan of thiel subs. they offer a few different sizes as well as very effective integration pieces. i have owned mine for several years and it is outstanding in theater and music applications. good luck and enjoy your quest...
I have decided going with Jl subs but need further thoughts. I want to start with one sub and see if that would suffice? would a single 113 be all i need for the room. (mostly movies). If i started with a 112 would i quickly want a second? Two 113's seems to be overkill. The 112's are more appealing in that they are a bit smaller and they are a bit lighter.
If you have to put a sub in a cabinet I would think the JL would be one of the best. The JL cabinet is built extremely well. I also found that the F113 takes a while to break in. That driver they use needs serious exercise. They sound excellent right out of the box but are much better and smoother after some good use. I would go with one F113 and then try and pick up another down the road if you feel the need.
JL's are a fine product for sure. If I were considering a cabinet placement of both subs room EQ would be a big concern to me. JL's have an OK set up system but I would suggest the Velodyne SMS EQ component or simply going with Velodyne subs.

As to which brand gives the better low end is almost a toss up. I had some time with the JL 113 and my DD18, using their own EQ set ups I prefer the Velodyne. After the JL has been EQ'd via the Velodyne it's very close. The JL build quality is a bit nicer than the Velodyne which means nothing after a short time.

One on one in my room I prefer the larger 18" coned Velodyne by a very slight margin, my preference really. Using both at different ends of the room really seemed to lock or tighten up the lows in my room. In hindsight I should have gone with two 12" subs. Keep in mind the EQ is everything IMO.

Even with modern HT room correction EQing the sub/subs prior to running the room correction program is important IMO. In my HT the sub settings are just a little hotter for film than music, again my preference.