Digital streaming options for my system are confusing

I appreciate your advise in advance as I am more of a old school vinyl/cd guy. I have a McIntosh MAC6700 integrated receiver. It has a DAC but tech in this area is evolving at such a rapid rate that I am confused as the best way to access a high audio quality streaming/digital playback source. I have heard hi end streaming services (Tidal?) are great but my Amp does not have a direct iPhone/iPad connector. What is the best way to go that will keep my system simple and easy for the whole family to access? 
telemarcer
Thanks for all the feedback. So leaning to the Node2i via an optical to my receiver. Wireless will allow everyone who has my wireless password and streaming can play yes? I however can stream/buy high quality audio files if I choose?
Note: you will lose MQA decoding using your built in dac.  So, use both connections as I posted earlier.  
You can also play via Bluetooth from your phone.
Thanks rh But I'm not exactly sure I understand from your previous post. My receiver has a nice 200 WPC into to Sonus Faber bookshelves. I am no expert on new tech so when and were is my next investment? 
Or you could use the Internal DAC in the Node2i for MQA and the current DAC for everything else.
If possible, I would use a wired connection.  I had some issues with WiFi and Bluesound and the Ethernet works much better, but the Node 2i is supposed to have enhanced WiFi capability, so hopefully non important...