Digital streaming options for my system are confusing

I appreciate your advise in advance as I am more of a old school vinyl/cd guy. I have a McIntosh MAC6700 integrated receiver. It has a DAC but tech in this area is evolving at such a rapid rate that I am confused as the best way to access a high audio quality streaming/digital playback source. I have heard hi end streaming services (Tidal?) are great but my Amp does not have a direct iPhone/iPad connector. What is the best way to go that will keep my system simple and easy for the whole family to access? 
telemarcer
Does that matter for high end streaming? or only specifically for large digital files stored on my own storage
Something worth mentioning if you are going with the Bluesound ecosystem. The Vault is a better option if you want to digitize a CD collection AND stream music. When I bought the Node 2 I had many CDs ripped with ITunes which created file folders and album artwork (metadata) that Bluesound would not see. I had to place artwork into many of those album file folders and properly label the artwork. https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/en-us/articles/200271926-Why-is-some-of-my-Album-Cover-Art-shown-a...
Ok, so I did do the album artwork thing when I burned my CD’s. Does that have any impact on anything unless I have a laptop/tablet open when I play? Seriously, Im just a 48 yr old trumpet player trying to make things easy for everyone and sound really good to me when I have a few moments to myself.
The Node 2i has both analog and digital outputs.  The simplest connection is rca cables from the analog outputs of the Node to any input on your Mac.  You now have music playing.
This connection is using the internal dac of the Node and allows hi Rez audio files to be played via MQA decoding from Tidal.
A separate digital only (just the 1’s and 0’s) connection using a digital cable (could be optical or rca) to your Mac’s built in dac will also play music but will not unfold MQA files from Tidal.
You can have both connected at the same time and switch source inputs on the Mac to see which you prefer.
Neither choice has anything to do with the amplifier output.