SQ : Anthem receiver vs. processor

Hi everyone,
I’m on a quest to simplify my life and get rid of my separates. In terms of a range of options, I’m probably settling on Anthem. My choices are:

• MXR 720 - 7 Channel receiver ($2,500) and use external amps for L and R
  • AVM 60 a pure processor ($3k)
  • Classe SSP used (~ $3k)

I’m wondering if any of you have direct experience comparing the sound quality of each? I have an external DAC I’ll be using for music sources.

The processor total cost of ownership is significantly higher, not to mention space and wiring required.
erik_squires
The Anthem AVM60 pre pro is the same as the preamp processor/DAC section of the Anthem MRX1120 av receiver, not the MRX720. The MRX1120 is Anthem’s flagship av receiver, which retails for $3500 new. The MRX720 is a step down from the MRX1120. 
caphill :

The only thing I can see it stepping down in is wattage and channels.

Do you think there's more?

Best,
E
In receiver land, you generally want the biggest receiver so that you have the largest power supply.  This will give you the most bass/midbass power and also have smoother sound overall.  The increase of watts/channels is the reason why the manufacturers have to build a larger power supply.
aux - That's an interesting perspective. I hadn't thought of that. So, for the same level of sound, the larger receiver has a stiffer power supply.