Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
The Sony HAP-Z1ES doesn't do Tidal, so I have a separate unit just for Tidal. CD's were way better than streaming, for me. I tried analog and digital connection methods and couldn't get it close. Now, Hi Res is a different story...
In the chain below, Tidal 16/44 sounds better than Redbook, MQA sounds much better (afraid I might become an MQA junkie), and I can't hear a difference between FLAC and Tidal streaming.  I have to go back and try WAV.  My disc spinning has nearly stopped as a result.

Also intend to try better ethernet cable, based on what I've read here on the 'Gon, currently have cheapo, want to try Supra.  For what it's worth, I think PS Audio believes transmission via ethernet to be superior to toslink, upc, can't remember why tho.  

Oppo 105D via AQ toslink or Tidal/Roon from modem via ethernet -> PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC with Bridge II.
I find cd is better than hard drive AND streaming through my MSB Transport and DAC. 
If using Roon or Android Hi-Fi Cast (most any app/software except Google’s own), the jitter in the ChromeCast Audio is better than -275dBFS (better than 45Bit). @audioengr’s re-clocker will actually introduce more jitter in this case. It’s only if you Cast with YouTube or your Chrome Browser will the re-clocker actually reduce the jitter; however, any good DAC will be audibly the same for cheaper, $700 for a re-clocker is silly when a $250 SMSL SU-8  DAC has jitter below -120dBFS, what is considered out hearing range (some say 140dB), and accounting for room noise, it’s more than enough.

I'll put my reclocker up against anything on the market, transports, servers, renderers.  Nothing delivers lower jitter, NOTHING.

If you send my your device you believe to have lower jitter, I will be happy to measure it on my measurement system and publish the results.

Steve N .

Empirical Audio