Krell Amps/preamp listeing levels -- room size

What are some of your experiences using Krell electronics -- size of amps (Watts), type of speakers, room size and listening at say average volume of 75 - 85 db. What are some of the best combos out there and why. Remember listening @ 75 db avg whether its a 100watt amp or a 900 watt amp or a 30 x 40 ft room or a 12 x 15 ft room, rock classical, anything avg 75 to 85 dbs.
Lets talk people! no ifs -- list your stuff and tell us why. Old stuff and new stuff. Have some fun. Keep it simple and to the point.

KPS-28C, FBP-200C, KCT, Krell Lat-2s
Sounds nice and full at around 60 db and above (higher the better) I have never maxed out my amp! Low level listening is not the greatest -- sounds thin! (KCT volume knob (0 to 150) -- 25 is good -- 55 is loud -- 80db to 90+ db) (Room size 15 x 20)
scoutdog
DDD1--
I was hoping for better constructive comments....So lets hear what you have to offer besides what you have already offered (not good enough - a different conversation).

Please let us know what you consider "MANLY" volume without the loudness button....in your room with your equipment -- really simple idea even a cheap integrated....gets the concept!

Remember your talking to intelligent people so show us more of your considerable knowledge of how its suppose to be done in your music world!

For all us cheap integrateds with loudness buttons,
We still Rock
Scoutdog
Richard,

you obviously like the Krells my suggestion would be give a MONO pair a try, trust me you will love it. You will hear the difference right away, the sound-stage will open up more, a lot more depth and height too. I would just try the modrange or high end FPB MONO's.
FPB250M, FPB250MC, FPB350MCX = Same amp, low series, sounds ok...
FPB350M, FPB350MC, FPB450MCX = Same Amp, mid series, sounds Excellent, Love these amps!
FPB650M, FPB650MC, FPB750MCX = Same amps, top of the range, Sounds even better!

I did just order a set of FPB 750MCX's but honestly I really love the FPB350M series they sound fantastic. I was very surprised when I first played them and removed my FPB stereo amp, its a big difference, you wont regret it.

I have no idea what that gentleman is chatting about with the integrated and loudness button? I don't think an FBI has a loudness button? To me, every Krell I have heard plays just as well at low levels as it does at high levels, very little difference, these are high bandwidth, constant voltage source amps. I think speakers make a bigger difference on that subject?

Let us know what you decide?

Rob
Hello
I have a Krell KSA-80B--Just Recapped and rebuilt at the factory--great job--driving a pair of One Ohm Apogee Scintillas time aligned.  Room is 12x18, carpet on floor, treatment behind speakers; fed from Naim NDX Streamer with fa Naim Unti Core thru a Townshend DC47 Audio Transformer/volume control.  Favs are Country, Credence Clearwater, James Taylor, Willie Nelson, Kenny Rodgers, Chris Stapleton Eric Clapton, etc--occasional classic.   Back of room feeds down a stairway.  The sound is sublime, musical, engaging.  Vocals, guitar and piano are close to real.  My wife even listens to music on it.  Heat not a problem, play at any volume I want and can stand.  This amp is rated at 80 watts into 8 ohms, but into 1 ohm, it will dump 640 without breaking a sweat.  Most of the time its on idle.