WHICH HT PROCESSOR

I am just looking for some input on a new ht processor. I started with the marantz 7704. I currently have a 5.1.4 for atmos with that system. I am using the same room for ht and two channel but did also recently get the mcintosh c2600 for two channel and am loving it. I have tried hooking up a spdif cable from the xbox for 4k movies  to the 2600 and just with two speakers the clarity kills the marantz. Just looking for that same clarity for ht processor. I was thinking the mcintosh mx122 but alot of people say just go with the marantz 8805. I don't think I need the mx160 since i have two channel covered. I also see the emotiva rmc 1 and it has some interesting features but no reviews since it is so new. Any input would be much appreciated.

My startup system consists of bw 804 d3's ( I do see where people say they are a little bright but so far I am enjoying them:) Marantz 7704, McIntosh mc207, bw 805d3 and htm1d3 for movies, fathom 212 that I turn up for movies and back down for music, source as described above and audio technical at lp5 ( I know it is a cheaper one but wasn't sure how much vinyl I would listen to but I am impressed with the quality of the new vinyl and sound I am currently getting compared to digital) -room 13 x 15 no acoustic treatments yet. I have also added some jbl 1400 arrays with the mcintosh c2600 and two rogue mono tube amps and am very happy with the results.
rwrightcpa
Are you looking for a new HT processor that supports 4K pass through with HDR? What about Dolby Atmos, DTS-X & Auro-3D? 

caphill

yes looking for a ht processor that has atmos and 4k with hdr and any other bells and whistles that may also be included. I am looking to not spend more than 10k and open to used.

I have been following your discussion on your upgrade to the Lyngdorf Audio MP-50 from the classe and you seem happy but not 100 percent. 
Are you going to try another one also?
Doesn't the  Mcintosh  have home theater pass through?

I have a Marantz 7704 and use my Modwright LS100 for 2 channel and use the HTBP for watching movies.  There are some discussions out there where a group of enthusiasts did some blind testing with an 8802, 7702, 7703, and a 7005.  Their conclusion was that there was no noticeable difference in sound quality between them. 

I had the Marantz 8801 before the 7704.  I didn't do any side by side testing, but there's nothing "missing" to my ears.  I have not heard an 8805, but doubt you would notice a huge difference (if any) in sound quality.

I think you'll have a hard time finding a pre-pro that will come close to your Mcintosh, why not just use it?
big_greg

Yes the mcintosh does ht bypass.

I was planning on using it just like you do in your setup.I am happy with the 7704 and what it can do with atmos ect. I was just testing the mcintosh and playing a movie with  spdif cable and just using the two main speakers and it sounded so much clearer than with the marantz. I did try the jbl's with this example and the marantz I was using the b and w's. Maybe I will try a few more tests comparing what I already have. Does the dac inside the mcintosh make a difference in this scenario?

Thanks for your input.

@rwrightcpa 

The new flagship Marantz AV8805 will sound better than your AV7704. It will be a nice upgrade in audio performance for your HT needs. I would get the AV8805 if I were you. You said earlier that your budget for a new HT processor is $10k. You can get the Lyngdorf MP-50 which will be superior to the AV8805. The Room Perfect in the MP-50 works much better than the Marantz's Audyssey. The Lyngdorf is a better sounding processor than the Marantz AV8802/8805. 

I have sold my Classe SSP 800 about 4 months ago and purchased the Lyngdorf MP-50 cause I wanted Dolby Atmos, DTS-X & Auro-3D and the SSP 800 does not support those latest formats. That's the main reason I sold my SSP 800 and got the new Lyngdorf.