Brooklyn DAC+ Anyone?

Hey Folks,

I did some searches and did not see anyone claiming to have the DAC+.  Saw one positive review from a site of which I am unfamiliar.  I prefer reviews where there is listening and testing so perhaps we will have to hope for Stereophile or HiFi News to get one but that will probably take some time.

I have a DAC+ on backorder with MusicDirect so hopefully any bugs will be exterminated before I get mine.  I am also hoping for more details on the circuit changes.

Hope you folks are well and good,
Robert
128x128robob
Hello Folks,

I hope you are all well and good.

I agree with uberwaltz.  As I maybe mentioned,  I have a Kleos and it deserves better.  I have a JC3+ and it works well with the Kleos and my Classe CP500 preamp.  

On the other hand,  as a temporary solution the phono section in the DAC+ would be fine.  Also the Benchmark will not do MQA.

BTW, I may start a thread on thus but let me interject here that most folks are buying too low on the cartridge spectrum.  The cartridge has to change mechanical motion into electrical signals which is difficult to do properly.  Assuming a compatible arm, one should at least be at the Delos level.  Also,  understand the current Lyras are very different from the old Helikon/Titan line.  Still detailed but full as well.

Y'all take care,
Robert
Has anyone run the Mytek Control Panel software via Wi-Fi or some other way to remote the controls?  I have a Brooklyn+ that's fairly new and am trying walk thru the multitude of options. It's a pain to keep getting up and going over to my PC/server to adjust things. The display on the unit itself is tiny and not what you'd call user friendly. 

OTOH, the unit is a revelation in my little system...sound wise. 
I have not tried the Control Panel via WiFi, doesn't it require a USB connection to a computer?  I would agree the display is too small for most of us to see from the chair.

You may want to temporarily run longer cables and put the DAC+ close to you for the initial setup.  The issue in the long run becomes having to getup to change the filter.  Different tracks/albums do sound better with a different filter.

Good Luck with your setup,
Robert
Anyone paired the Brooklyn Dac+ with powered speakers yet?  I ordered one to tryout with Elac Navis ARB51's, Pro-Ject TT with Blue Pt #2, and Roon from Mac mini as complete small room system.  Currently using a Yamaha A-S1100 as a pre and need smaller setup. 
I’m betting that will sound pretty good. You may want to consider a cartridge that is fuller in the mids.

I would look into Audirvana unless Roon does something additional that you need. Audirvana does not require a subscription and allows access to Tidal and some others.
Please let us know how it sounds.
Y’all take care,Robert