Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
@audiolabyrinth4 on 11-05-2018 8:07am "anyone listened to this laufer teknic running direct to amplifier's?"
Yes, I do.  I replaced a Sonic Frontier Line 3 (fully upgraded) in 2010 with the 2010 MP, which was much better.  My 2017 MP64 16-core preamp output was even better than the 2010.  I am waiting on delivery of my 2018 MP64 32-core with solid state / tube switchable preamp section.

Vernon, let's talk, lol....  I have the digital pre built in as well as an analog.  I haven't used either yet as I have Vandersteen's and can't use a pre yet...also having an integrated won't allow that either, lol.  If I had an external crossover for the Quatro's, I'd have Sam bring one of his larger amps over the house to try it out that way.  The NEWEST MP is just sick.  I have the FULLY tricked out one. 

As I said earlier, Sam is pulling my internal DAC out to make it a full 3 box solution with the power supplies in a totally separate box.  can't wait.
Has anyone around here been able to listen to the new Resolution Audio Cantata 3.0, which is an upgrade from the 2.0? I am asking because I am on fence of doing the upgrade or going in a different direction. My goal would be to find something like the original Da Vinci DAC from LH, which is the best DAC I have heard to date, but for a sane price.
Thanks in advance for the input.
Matt, will you be auditioning the new Playback Designs MPD-8? I'm not sure how many of the statement level DACs you've enjoyed employ FPGA. Might be informative for thread followers if you spend some time with it.
Also, and a bit off-topic, which A/C cables and conditioner/distribution do you use?
Thanks, Josh