Where to put my new power cable?

I just recently purchased a Zu Audio Bok power cable. This will be my first after-market power cable, so I'm not sure what to expect. I intend to use it on my front end component section. What I'm curious about is whether I should connect it directly to my Manley Shrimp preamplifier and then go to my Furman power conditioner, or whether I should hook it up to my power conditioner and then to the wall outlet? I know that, ultimately, only experimentation will tell, but I'm curious as to other's experiences...
iramirez
Well, I received the new power cords yesterday. I ended up getting three of them. I decided to plug one to each Manley 300b amp and one into my Shrimp pre. I got home relatively late last night, so I only listened for a short while and at very low listening levels 64db avg. I put on Van Morrison's Astral Weeks, an album that I've been playing a lot lately. The improvements were readily apparent. Normally, it would take a lot more juice to get the soundstage to be so precisely defined and so stark in appearance, but there it was. The noise floor has clearly dropped lower than I've yet to experience; so, instrumental separation, side to side, and especially front to back, really stands out. Most importantly, however, is the astounding clarity of tone that I perceived. Every instrument sounds more like itself rather than a reproduction. I guess that the most intense change is in micro-dynamics and tonal accuracy. These are just my preliminary perceptions, right out of the box. I am very impressed with the Zu Bok cables. I hardly expected a power cable to have such a positive effect on my components...

Cheers,

Ivan
But Ivan - it's just a power cable! :-)

Despite all of the positive comments from people that have experienced improvements, there is still a large body of people who choose to believe they DO NOT make a difference.

Welcome to the power cable club!

If you are interested I have place an explanation on my blog at
http://www.image99.net/blog/files/category-you-need-good-power-cords.html

Happy Listening
I currently run Silnote power cords . I just replaced the 20 amp cord on my Power unit with a Syunyata Venom HC , I could immediately tell a difference . So I purchased 2 new cords from Mike Morrow . They are better than my Silnotes . But I needed 5 . Mike recommended replacing the Pre and Power amp cords . He said he recently changed HIS PHILOSOPHY on placement of cords . The cords had 240 hours burn in when shipped . I placed them as he suggested, and let my system IDLE for 24 hours . There is a noticeable improvement. Had I not asked, I would have done the DAC and the Pre. I think it’s a crap shoot , but I’ve had improved SQ with the more expensive cords . FWIW, I spent a whole day 3 weeks ago cleaning and treating all connections for all cables on all devices . I also have Hubble outlets . If I didn’t have an improvement, I would have returned the cords . Cheers, Mike.