Audio Research LS15 vs. SP14

I’m not sure about the production date for these preamps but they seem to be within the same price range in the used market, basically within a $1200-$1500. All things being equal, which one do you folks prefer in terms of sound quality. I’ll be using it just as a basic preamp with an SS amp, ML Aerius speakers and a CD player so I don’t need a lot of features, just sound quality. Thanks.

Edited to add Audible Illusions Modulus3 as another option although it's priced somewhat lower than the ARC components referenced.

128x128kalali
Someone mentioned having an LS15/PH3 combo and that they burned thru tubes at a rapid clip.  I had the same combo for years and never experienced this.
I just bought one LS15 from Audiogon. Interestingly, I am also considering add a PH3 for my phono stage.

Not sure why preamp burns tube like French fries, I just can’t believe it.  These are small tubes and not for power amplification. 
I have a LS15 then moved up to a LS25mk1 never had a problem with it eating thru tubes. I have used JJ Tesla, Ei Elite and some Amperex 7dj8 tubes with no problems ever.