Carpenters

Just finished watching a PBS show/fundraiser about the Carpenters, and it made me realize even more than I had prior just how fantastic (I think) Karen was as a singer.  My regret, and its a small one I suppose, is that her brother has taken it upon himself to "remix" most/all of the music they made together; I prefer to hear the music/songs as I recall them when they were new/fresh.  Truly a remarkable singer.  To me and my tastes.
rpeluso
This thread reminded me of Todd Hayne’s film school project. For those unfamiliar with it, Hayne’s filmed "The Karen Carpenter Story" using Barbie dolls. Sounds dumb, but after watching moving humanoid figures with dialog for a few minutes, you forget they're made of plastic. [insert joke about plastic surgery and Hollywood if you must]
The Herb Alpert character was best, with dark hair and long side burns.

He never cleared the music and as I recall, got sued, so as far as I know, the film never got legitimate distribution but was this underground cult thing. I saw it many years ago.
What are the BEST sounding original vinyl albums ? Any original UK releases to be taken seriously ? Thanks
@roxy54  A BIG +1.  The Carpenters Christmas album contains a great mixture of Karen's vocals with Richard's harmonizing and well arranged instrumentals.  It is the one Christmas CD the whole family enjoys!
More to discover