T+A elektroakustik HV Series Components

T+A stands for Theory and Application.

I'm keeping this broad and open to T+A's HV Series components (HV = High Voltage),

Which (currently) includes two integrated amplifiers, two multi-source players, preamplifier, amplifier, power supply, and SACD/CDP/DAC.

Creating this thread for owners to share their impressions, findings, thoughts, experiences, and questions about their HV components. Comparisons to other T+A Series products are also welcome.
Ag insider logo xs@2xdavid_ten
@brrgrr My "promised" review is way overdue. My apologies. The system has been fluid and evolving and I’ve been busy with other aspects of life.

Bottom line, the T+A PA 3100 HV is exceptional.

For my system, my preferences and my goals, performance results and sound quality with it in system are clearly superior to that of my Pass separates. And this is with system performance at a very good level, with the Pass gear in it!

@audiothesis is correct in his assessment. Skip heard my system early in it’s development with the T+A, etc. and even at that point in time, differences were easy to pick out and preference was clear. Since then, a period of seven months, system performance has moved significantly and positively across the board.

Recently @hoopster visited and spent a few hours listening to my system. I’ll summarize that he was quite taken with the T+A. This coming from an analog and tube audiophile, regarding a fully solid state and computer based system. I’ll leave it to him to share specifics, as he sees fit.

The Tekton SEs are very easy to drive. I’m running them with a 2A3 amp at this moment. Absolutely no issues running the same speakers with the T+A.

@audiotroy ’s description is on the mark. I encourage you to reach out to him...he has a very good feel for this component.

If you can swing the additional spend, I suggest going with the 3100 over the 3000. PM me if you would like to connect. I’m happy to discuss in person as well.
Is the T+A PA 3100 HV integrated amplifier hot to touch?   How much ventilation does it require?

@hgeifman   The 3100 runs fairly warm. You can touch it, but you will not want to leave your hand on it for a length of time. I have it in the console opening for a center channel speaker with about an inch of free space above it. 

For the U.S. market it comes with an Energy Saver feature that can be enabled or disabled. More stringent jurisdictions have it enabled only.

I have left it on fully (not standby) for a number of weeks (multiple times) without any issues.