PS Direct Stream latest firmware, "Snowmass"

Just installed the latest firmware "Snowmass" that is offered by PS Audio and WOW what a difference in sound quality! Wider, deeper soundstage and with increased dynamics. The sound also has such a purity of sound that I just can’t believe.

Right now it is in Beta testing, the firmware should be available to all others Monday at NO cost!

"It’s the gift that keep’s on giving Rusty".

ozzy
128x128ozzy
Post removed 
My wife is a lifelong music lover who hears the improvements that I make. One week ago, I bought and installed a DirectStream Sr. On Thursday morning, I installed Snowmass, set up a 10 hour playlist and went to work. When I got home, it was pretty clear that my wife hadn’t got much done during the day. The only word that she could utter was ‘hypnotic’ -nshed listened to music all day and, according to her ears, with this DAC, we scored big.
Wait until you get 750+ hours of break in time on the DS...you may have to hire a housekeeper. 8)
I just listened to the Direct Stream with Snowmass at a family members home and it was impressive. I’m a big fan of AMR and own a DP 777se, and two custom AMR CD 77.1’s. I love how they sound and compare to my turntables. I recently had a Berkeley Ref (1st gen) that literally got crushed by my iFi iDSD Bl dac, no joke, it was ugly! All this to say I am not easily impressed by digital (have heard the big MSB and DCS gear) but the Direct Stream (only 50 hours on it) was very very good, very involving. If I were looking to buy a 7th dac :) the DS would definitely be on my short list along with a Denafrips Terminator.

The DS is an impressive piece of audio gear.