Bookshelf speakers under $1000

Hi, I'm looking to get a pair of bookshelf speakers to be primarily used with a Pro-ject  Debut carbon DC record player connected to a Denon receiver that was passed down to me(15 years old but was high end at the time)

I'd like to keep this to a budget of under $1000 and am considering buying used as well.  I'm new to this so any recommendations would be much appreciated

So far recommendations have been:
Focal Aria 906 (offered at $850)
Bowers and Wilkins 606
Dynaudio Xeo4
128x128mlenow
Used Vandersteen VLR's. Though new are $1350 a pair. They are the best I can think of- and I tried a bunch.
Bob
Used B&W CM5. Used Dynaudio EX14. Are on my short list for a second system. What is power rating for your receiver?
For under $1200, if youhave a subwoofer the Monitor Audio 
Studio has top drivers from the Top platinum line and a Very good AMT tweeter. I bought them with the matching stand and filled them with dryer play sand and agraphite lead shot.snd sound st least as good as speakers double their cost. Upgraded the Xover and rewired them with a Clarity, the great Duelund Silver foil Bypass caps ,Plus Jupiter and VH Audio- Cu Bypass caps 
and VH Audio great Litz-OCC - Copper ThinTeflon Wire  ,made 
speaker cables with the larger version and easilly best several 
$2k plus very good brand name cables ,just time consuming to build but well worth it .judt to point out if you,or a friend is skilled 
you can save $1,000s in markup and exactly to your liking.
since drivers were excellent to start with the Monitor Studio now will easily compete with any $5k+speaker with ease.