What unknown musical artist would you like to share with your fellow audiophiles?

When it comes to music, about half of my friends are "collectors" and the other half are true audiophiles. It seems the collectors are so obsessed with the size of their collections, that they leave no room in their budget for quality audio equipment. I think the audiophiles, with their focus on quality over quantity, are the ones with their priorities straight. So, unless you are on an unlimited budget, I'm guessing that audiophiles are more selective in their musical purchases. That being the case, I'm curious about what "buried treasures" have you been able to find? Thanks for responding and I look forward to discovering some good music, based on your suggestions.

I'll lead off with the band Crack The Sky, most notably their first two albums: "Crack The Sky" (1975) and "Animal Notes" (1976). I would describe them as a cross between Be Bop Deluxe and Frank Zappa. Their music is unique and totally unmistakable with anyone else. Choice cuts from the debut album are: "Ice;" She's a Dancer;" "Mind Baby" & "Sleep." Choice cuts from Animal Notes are: "Animal Skins;" "Wet Teenager;" Virgin....No" & "Maybe I Can Fool Everybody."
mitchagain
@fmpnd Monty Python humor. We all have our burdens to carry. ;-)

I think it would nice on threads like this if folks checked out other folks' recommendations and reported back on how they liked them. 

There have been a wide variety of recommendations here and not everyone is going to like them all but it is fun to hear when someone hears a new act for the first time that they fall in love with.
Yourself and your family and friends.

Records and playback systems have only been around for 100 years or so.  Before that, we made music ourselves.  Nothing is as musically satisfying as sitting around with family and friends making music and singing songs.
@n80 I agree that some feedback would be nice; but, in everyone's defense I'm sure that they're busy with the holidays right now. And, if they are old school and rely on vinyl or CD's, then there's going to be an additional delay waiting for their purchase to show up.

I listened to the Teskey Brothers and I was impressed. What has been happening recently with the neo-soul revival is very encouraging, be it the Teskey Brothers, St. Paul and The Broken Bones, Nathaniel Rateliff or Leon Bridges (there's a new kid out of Atlanta who I like even better than Leon Bridges, but his name escapes me). What is discouraging about the neo-soul revival is that we lost Sharon Jones and Charles Bradley way too early. It hurts worse when you realize how long both of them waited for some success; but, at least Bettye LaVette is finally getting her due. But, I've got to say that the musicianship has not caught up yet. Until I hear a riff or the overall playing that can rival the playing on "Papa Was a Rolling Stone," I will remain a bit skeptical.