Buying my 1st new LP in 42 years..Suggestions?

I inherited around 300 pieces of well kept LP's from a friend in his 80's.. including a number of Sheffield and Direct to Disk Albums. So I purchased a Music Hall MMF 2.2 to play them. I would like to buy a new piece of Vinyl to get an idea how much has changed. Any suggestions of a well recorded LP to be my 1st purchase. I'm open to suggestions... 
128x128coachpoconnor
The remastered Beatles Anniversary Edition of Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album is truly awesome. 
If stereo, Leonard Cohen Ten New Songs or, as mentioned before, Live in London will be a little different but great.

If you have an opportunity for mono, The Beatles 2014 mono remasters. Take a pick, for me Please Please Me is the one but all are great. Even if you are not a Beatles fan and never listen to them, it is worth it (happened to me, I bought all of them eventually).

If you are only looking to hear how much has changed, take The Rolling Stones Exile On Main St. Half-Speed remaster from, I think, 2016. It is still mud, but mud that you can see through now.
I would suggest a reissue of an album you already own. No better way to compare.
Thanks for your responses! I am investigating them on iTunes.
In response to whart...
Rock, Blues, Jazz, Big Band, Blue Grass, Baroque.
Steely Dan, Dana Krall, Norah Jones, Stanley Turrentine, James Taylor, Doobie Brothers, OZMountain, KebMO, David Sanborn, Christopher Cross, Darius Rucker, and Jimmy Buffett. I really enjoy listening to good recordings.. I enjoy hearing the sustain pedal on Diana Krall, fingers sliding over frets, etc... I remember listening to a quality Chet Baker CD that I thought was good.  Doug Macleod and Tuba Skinny are two recent discoveries. I don't like the Tuba Skinny recordings but love the music and Erika Lewis is fantastic.
I see 180g.. I don't know what that is... Are new Sheffield recordings still available?