Black Cat Silverstar BNC to BNC

@ wig

Are you still mesmerized by this digital cable or have you found something better?
garrard
"It is clear that the TRØN is superior in the background with the silky background and balance of the sound."

"There is a feeling that the sense of reality is more uplifted because momentum and dynamics expression before / after are wider, and propulsion is carried."

Yes.

I upgraded to the Tron, due to urging from an audiophile friend.

"The Tron was tempting but couldn’t justify spending that much for a SPDIF."

It’s so good it will more than justify its price.

(assuming the rest of your system is capable of scaling to it)
does anyone know how the original silverstar compares to the mk2 version?  the reason i ask is i got agreat on the original.
After being back to US, I started comparing between Silverstar Mk2 and Silnote Morphius cables.

Silverstar is connected from BNC of Jay’s CDT MK2 to RCA input of Lyngdorf 2170 and Silnote is connected from RCA output of Jay’s to another RCA input of Lyngdorf.

It is too early to reach any conclusion since I had only 120 hrs on Silnote and only 20 hrs on Silverstar.

Both cables may not have been not burnt enough yet.

Interesting thing is that they sound very close with Silnote more relaxed and analog sounding and Silverstar more focus and bass.

But the difference is rather small and I will keep listening another 2 weeks before making clear conclusion.
Apparently the Silverstar sounds good straight out of the box, then worsens rapidly within a day and takes a week or so to return to good, thereafter it slowly keeps improving over the next few weeks of play.