SQ : Anthem receiver vs. processor

Hi everyone,
I’m on a quest to simplify my life and get rid of my separates. In terms of a range of options, I’m probably settling on Anthem. My choices are:

• MXR 720 - 7 Channel receiver ($2,500) and use external amps for L and R
  • AVM 60 a pure processor ($3k)
  • Classe SSP used (~ $3k)

I’m wondering if any of you have direct experience comparing the sound quality of each? I have an external DAC I’ll be using for music sources.

The processor total cost of ownership is significantly higher, not to mention space and wiring required.
erik_squires
maplegrove:
We'll see. I still have my Parasound P7. Worst case scenario I run the Anthem through it. :)
@erik_squires  

If you don't care about room correction or 4k HDR Dolby Atmos etc etc then you should highly consider a used discontinued Classe Sigma SSP (early version) that can be had pretty cheap in used markets nowaday. Its stereo performance is better than any HT processors for under $10k. The Anthem AVM60 is great for surround movies and is equipped with spectacular ARC2 (Anthem Room Correction), 4k HDR Dolby Atmos etc. 
I've thought about the Classe's, and many give them raving reviews for 2 channel. I think I'd like to get something newer.

I know I said I don't care about room correction, but truth is I do at least for the sub.

@maplegrovemusic This weekend, definitely! I'll go audition locally. My dealer is closed on Fridays, so Saturday I hope to make a decision on the Anthem.
@erik_squires  

The Classe Sigma SSP Mk2 version supports latest formats and codecs eg Dolby Atmos DTS-X 4K etc. It retails for $6k new but not sure if it's still being in production. You can probably find a used one in used markets at discounts. 

Most powered subs such as JL Audio have their own built-in EQ and crossover. 
It shouldn't be an issue. 

Cause the Anthem AVM60 stereo performance is lacking imo. 
@caphill
Yeah, I've read about the SSP Mk2. It's a possibility.

My office just seriously downsized though, so maybe right now is not the time to drop a rent payment on a HT processor.

Best,
E