Speakers with the most detailed midrange? (non-ESL/planar)

Anyone care to give their opinion on what dynamic speaker has the most detailed/revealing midrange? Not including electrostatics or planar speakers. Approximately between the frequencies of 400Hz to 3kHz. Also, just to clarify what I mean by detail: when there is a musical passage that entails many different layers of instruments, the speakers' ability to separate all the elements so all the instruments are heard clearly and nothing is obscured. Also the ability to retrieve every last bit of information on a recording, such as random sounds in the studio, distortion in recordings and reverb tails.

As far as price goes... 2 categories... below $12,000 USD (new) and any price range. Thanks.
woofer72
Have had a lot of great speakers over the years from JBL (4312,4311b) Snell (K2, A3i, C4,C5) Omega (Compact Hemp, Alnico 6 Monitor, Alnico XRS 8, all paired with Deep Hemp Subs) Shelby and Kroll monitors and subs, and various project OB speakers.
The best most engaging midrange, highs, and bass I have ever experienced are the Charney Audio Tractrix Horns. I own a pair of Maestro with Omega RS7 drivers that sound great with SS and tube amps.
At your price point the Companion Voxativ AC 2.6 would be the way to go!

If your in the PA, NJ, NY, CT region it would be very worth your while to stop by and audition a pair. Beautiful works of art that deliver in sound quality and leave all box speakers in the dust!
http://charneyaudio.com/
I currently own KEF105/2 Reference speakers, B&W 801Matrix Series 2 with the crossover mods they used in the series 3's, the series 2 crossovers had transformers that induced signals into each other, and all electrolytic capacitors have n ml been bypassed with Audyn True Copper Max capacitors, and any resistors in the audio path replaced with Mills non-inductive wire wound resistors. I also have Thiel CS-7s, untouched crossovers as shortly after I bought Audio Nirvana AN15 ALINCO drivers and haven't looked back. As for Vandersteens, unless they have drastically changed their speakers, the mids are lovely, bass too, but the highs sound like someone tossed a towel over the tweeters. I couldn't believe everything David, the owner of Audio Nirvana, said. Frankly I was sure that I would be returning the speakers under his 30 day return guarantee, but the instant I first heard them, the immediacy of the vocals mesmerized me. Don't get me wrong, just about everything else about the speaker sucked, but I knew that they needed a good 100 hours break in. Once they were broken in, I realized how badly crossovers, even with V-Caps and Mundorf Silver Golds, as in my KEFs, effected and muffled the sound. Thiels are famous for detail, the AN15's spanked them. You'll either have to have a local custom kitchen cabinet maker, a friend, you yourself build cabinets, but you won't be disappointed, shocked, but not disappointed. They will force you to upgrade if you have anything upstream that is less than adequate.