Dealing with a power amp that need 20A connection

I just bought a used Audio Research power amp without knowing it needs 20A connection.
When I received the amp, there was no power cable included, and I've found out that the amp has a connection that I've never seen before. I thought it might be for 250 Volt, but later found out that this amp needs a special power cable with C19 type female connector and it has to be 12 AWG and 20A.
So, I ordered a 20A 12AWG power cable and a PS Audio power receptacle that supports 20A male connector type.
After reading a few more articles on 20A power amp, I may also need a 20A circuit breaker. The problem is, the circuit breaker for the audio room is 15A. Does it mean that I need a new breaker with 20A to use the amp?
What a hassle.
The seller did not mention anything about the cable power requirement and I assumed that it was included, but the seller didn't seem to have known anything about this amp. 
So, installing a new circuit breaker is something non tech people can do? If not, how much would I need to spend for professional job?
Would it be just OK to use 15A circuit breaker for the amp as long as I use 20A 12AWG power code and don't turn the volume much high?
Thx advance for your input.
128x128ihcho
No one 'needs' as "required" a separate 20 amp for the amplifier, unless they play LOUD.. it might be a something to upgrade to in the future... but not a requirement
elizabeth
No one 'needs' as "required" a separate 20 amp for the amplifier ...
The OP didn't mention what ARC amplifier he owns. Some amps do require a 20A line.
I purchased an ARC 150M two channel.
The amp has 10A fuse, so I guess it is fine with 15A receptacle.
I bought an adapter, not a cable, and use the adapter with my 12 AWG power cable. I ordered 10 AWG power cable with 15A male and 20A female, and I will get it in two weeks.
I also changed the receptacle with a PS audio power port classic receptacle.
I am listening at a low ~ medium volume level, fearing trip the circuit breaker. I feel it sounds at least as good as my Plinius 102A. Maybe a little bit more clear and bright sound.
Thanks for all the comments and help.
I just feel so dumb to purchase this amp without even knowing the different type of power connector for 20A. ;-)

I am listening at a low ~ medium volume level, fearing trip the circuit breaker.
You can crank the volume up as much as want. The 10 amp Line fuse is a lesser value than the 15 amp breaker. The actual FLA on the amp is more than likely 8 amps or less. (8 x 125% = 10). Keep in mind that is continuous amps. Pushing the amp full bore. The 15 amp breaker will handle a continuous load of 15 amps all day long. It will pass short spurts of current well above 15 amps all day long. (Of course you have to take into account any other loads that are connected to the same branch circuit).

Your problem with the 15 amp convenience outlet branch circuit could be/will be VD (Voltage Drop) if you push the amp to hard. Basically starving the power supply of the amp. The caps in the power supply will have problems recharging.

Subject line is in regards to a power cord but the same would hold true (probably more so) for a 15 amp convenience outlet branch circuit for the amp you have.

Ralph - Manufacturer, Atma-Sphere Music Systems
There are two aspects, AC voltage drop and high frequency current limiting.

AC voltage drop is the voltage dropped from the wall to the input of the equipment in use. I’ve measured a loss of 40 watts on an amp that makes 140 watts, so no-one should be surprised that that might be audible as well. I used a 3 1/2 digit DVM to measure the voltage drop and it showed around 3 volts. This was a pretty standard but inexpensive Belden cord. A more expensive Belden cord with heavier gauge showed a lessor drop and more power out of the amp. So no mystery here.

The second issue is the high frequency current limiting. This is a bit trickier to understand, but its not quite rocket science. Almost any power supply consists of a power transformer, rectifiers and filter capacitors. When the the transformer voltage is higher than the capacitor voltage, the rectifier commutates (a fancy word for turns on and conducts). At that point the filter capacitors can charge up and will do so until the power transformer voltage falls low enough that the rectifiers cut off.

At that point the circuit using the power supply drains the filter caps. Since this happens 60 times a second, the drain is usually not very much at all, so its only at the very peaks of the AC waveform that the caps are be replenished. There might be only a few microseconds or milliseconds that this can happen, and quite a bit of current might have to flow during that time, essentially a high frequency event.

If the power cord limits current during this period, the performance of the circuit using the power supply might suffer, possibly due to increased IMD since the DC might have a bit more of a sawtooth on it than if the current was not limited.
https://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cables/messages/17/174988.html

Nelson Pass
https://www.passlabs.com/press/power-supplies-commentary-consumers.

ARC recommends a 20 amp dedicated branch circuit. See page 2.
http://www.audioresearch.com/ContentsFiles/150M%20Manual.pdf
Why not contact ARC for guidance instead of asking others who clearly have no idea of the actual requirements?