Streamer recommendations for dummies.

I’m new at this.
I need an e-net streaming device for AirPlay that can be set to a specific gain to prevent iTunes users from overwhelming my amp with the preset volume on their device. Anything above 60% is too much.
It would be nice to be able to EQ at the streamer as well, but the big problem is volume; when an iOS or OSX device sends a song to my amp at high volume (ear bud volume) it basically blows my bookshelf speakers off the stand.
Equipment:
amp: Hegel H160 -150 W RMS X2,   32-bit AKM DAC @ 24/192 except USB at 24/96 on 1 GB e-net.
speakers: SF Concerto on stands.Ben
casteeb
I am not sure if it's any better but it is a pretty good DAC in the Node but  I don't use the DAC in the Node2i.  I run the digital out from the Node  to a Benchmark DAC 3B and connect the analog from that to my amp. You could either use the DAC in the Node with analog out or use your Hegel's DAC by connecting through digital. You can adjust the gain, and volume limits in the streamer and do a little EQ with treble and bass. 
Sounds perfect, like you, I’m not sure I’m getting a better DAC with node2i. As I am not an audiophile I don’t follow this stuff very closely but it appears the node2i DAC has about the same specs as the Hegel built in 32-bit AKM DAC @ 24/192. I’m told I missed the "oppo udp 205" option... but that’s normal for me, if there is a "great deal" you can be assured I missed it :)Thanks for all the feedback, it’s nice to get opinions from other folks experience. So maybe selling out ARPANET  wasn’t such a bad idea after all.Ben

Casteeb,
If I am not mistaken the Hegel H160 can steam directly over ethernet.
If that is correct all you would need would be either a laptop or a desktop computer or a dedicated server on the same wifi/ethernet network as what you would plug the H160 into.
You can then use Roon and stream directly to the Hegel. Roon has a built in dsp for room correction and a digital eq. as well.

An Innuous server would be our recommendation as a dedicated server will sound even better than a conventional computer sending data over the network.

Dave and TroyAudio Doctor NJ
The digital volume control in LUMIN products is independent of the AirPlay source volume setting. So that means even if a guest has their iTunes/iPhone volume set to max, but the LUMIN is set at 50%, the music will come out pretty quiet. It'll actually be lower than if you had selected 50% in iTunes (I just tried this to confirm).