Turntables

I am kicking the idea of trying out vinyl. It’s been a long time since I had a turntable and it took a lot of thought whether I can deal with what always seemed like the snap, crackle & pops of an album. Anyway, I’ve decided to take a plunge after all the buzz how awesome it is. Of course before I make any final decisions, I always turn to the Audiogon community for their expert thoughts, opinions and education. I’m also looking for suggestions for a nice affordable table with tone arm and cartridge. Being the fact this is new to me and I may hate it, I’m looking for suggestions on the best affordable set up I can do for a new or used in the price range of $1000/$1500. I’m sure I can get a better bang for the buck going used. I just don’t know anything about these animals. My system is older but I still enjoy it which consist of a Mark Levinson 23.5 amp, Proceed AVP 2+6 used for 2 channel audio, Audio Acoustics model 9 speakers, Ayre DAC for digital with Transparent Audio Ultra mm2 cables. Any input is greatly appreciated!
128x128luvrockin
I've got my JC Penny turntable hooked up to the custom phono stage I built and it sounds amazing!  It has been a while since I played an LP or even had an LP set-up, probably over 25 years.  But me likes it now!

Happy Listening.  
So my fantastic seller pulled the rug out on me. Long story but guess it is what it is. Bought and paid for a Rega P6 in mint condition, with Exact 2 cartridge, weights, yada, yada,yada. Picking up Saturday. Hope it was a good move. 
Hi Luvrockin, merry Christmas by the way,
don't rule out belt drives,when I got back into vinyl after 25 yrs, pulled old dual 1229Q out of storage(idler drive) I was quite happy until hungry for more. When asked my local Hi Fi guy about direction
he suggestedthe Project experience 2 Acrylic belt drive  with ortofon red mmcart $1000 set up and ready for play. Inexpensive cart, quality graphite tone arm, worthy of cart upgrade when you're ready. Later picked up Project speed box 2 (no need to touch belt for speed change),
$120.
You mentioned usb table,I also thought about this, instead went with ADL gt 40 dac and adc phono headphone pre $500 it is only mm but a great little unit with the ability to digitize your vinyl use head phones off computer with pretty decent dac and own volume control.
The Project table was a good starting point and the follow up changes where easy to implement without breaking the bank, it kept me hungry enough to want  more rather than running away. 
Since then I've upgraded phono and cart.
The ADL GT40 is made by Furatec a pretty good outfit.
Cheers,enjoy the journey, patience will be rewarded.

PS.all my figures are Canadian $$$ 

I'm kinda looking myself and found the same about the Technics it's an expensive table for that money I could get my pre divorce VPI set up  (new)which was divine.