Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
An audiosystem cannot create emotion by it self. The emotion is inside the music. That is why you need an audiossystem what can reveal all the details and aspects/properties of the recording. This has nothing to do  with a personal taste. But is 100% based on facts.

All the different aspects of sound can influence our emotion. And again we are talking about facts. So you need all the aspects/properties of the music to experience all the emotion the music possesses. There is no other way to feel all the emotion of the music.
Dear Geoff,

I really like all your comments. Nice to see there are more people who understand it.
I have just tesyed my cd copies of dave brubeck qiartet "take 5" (columbia) and "what's new" (telarc), and "late night bruneck" (telarc) against spotify and tidal.
Results are always consistent.... Cd is either clearly better, or auguably better.
Always clearly better than tidal who pretends hifi, and arguably better (sometimes just not) than spotify who pretends mp3, which i despise.
I just got a deal with tidal, basically 3 months for free, and i am floored by how inconsistent the service is compared to spotify.  With spotify, you know what you 're paying for and you end up surprised sometimes.
With tidal, you don't get what you are paying for, and sometimes, you feel it is worth something.
In other words, spotify delivers on the promise 100% of the time and more, wheras tidal sporadically does... A little bit like buying CDs before you can listen to them somehow.
@bo1972 
Thanks for your insights, could you clarify one thing, you say above you prefer player/dac rather than separates yet you recommend Lumen L1. So do you recommend Lumen D2 player or L1 plus dac? 
Thanks! 
We created the AudioFacts Pro modification for the Lumin D1/D2/T1.

The D1/D2 and T1 own the same dac as the Lumin A1. But the A1 uses better capacitors and other parts. So we created a modification with superior capacitors and parts what now outperforms the Lumin A1 on all the different aspects/properties of sound.

The D1/D2/T1 with AudioFacts Pro modification comes very close to the level of the Lumin S1. We compared it with many expensive dacs and other streamers. And it was no match.

The thing I love most of audio is shootout and comparing. A born perfectionist always wants to win and ouperfrom each individual competitor. This is how I was born. It is my goal to proof that I can outperform each person in the world in stereo, surround and in vision.

I think and work by Tru-Fi. This means that we create both sound&vision on all the aspects/properties it owns. Because this brings us so much closer to how sound and vision sounds and looks like in real.

A bron perfectionist has only one goal. To create the best result and quality possible. There is no other option. Streaming is just for hun and using and creating modified drives and powersupplies is the holy grail.

Music is all about emotion. And we are only interested in creating emotion in everything we create and sell.