Is it all in my head??

So I bought a Kimber Power Kord...  yeah, yeah, but it looks prettier than stock, is well built, and having built all my cables myself I appreciated the craftsmanship.

...so, I'm playing an Everest LP--symphony stuff.. and it always sounded noisy and muffled (which is why i decided to give it a spin).  The power cable is plugged into my furman conditioner, and all the other cables are the same.  I swear this LP sounds more "untangled" now (that's the best way i can describe it).

I am an engineer and know intellectually this makes zero sense--is it some confirmation bias?  How can it be.. i didnt buy it expecting a sonic impact, i bought it because i couldn't make one that looks as cool (think of it as a necklace for my rig).  But I swear I think i hear a difference...  tell me it's all in my head.
waltertexas
Back in the mid 1990s I was seeing this young gal and she gave me the old "it's not you it's me" line.  I begged for another shot, she reluctantly agreed but once she scoped out the Monster Cables I was using she was hooked.  I guess cables are like fancy wheels on a mediocre car, it brings it up a notch. I don't know if cables make a difference but I'm not taking any chances!
I follow a simple formula for happiness with this hobby. Buy the most expensive equipment you can afford. If it sounds better than your old equipment keep it. If it doesn’t, return it.
There are no shortcuts.
You won’t find a formula.
You have to try it out for yourself.
You simply need to start with something and go from there.
Your hearing is completely different from someone else.
You’ll have some overlap but your hearing is unique.
Your amp won’t have the same output specs as others.
Your speaker won’t have the same input specs as others.
If all amps and speakers had the same specs, then one cable would have been settled on ages ago.
Good luck.

All the best,
Nonoise
I am so old that I remember the time when the AC power cord was used as the antenna for many receivers.

Shielding, wire geometry, wire quality, and wire gauge will all affect the sound quality of the power cord. That being said, an expensive power cord won’t polish a turd, so you have to be aware of that limitation.

Some power cords will really make a component sing and you will be shaking your head in bewilderment.

ozzy