I want to dump my Oppo; but...

I'm getting an Ayre C-5xeMP and I'd like it to replace My Oppo BDP-105, assuming it performs better once I get to comparing. The problem is I've built up a sizable library on USB drives and the Ayre has no digital inputs. An outboard DAC would do for the music; but how would I navigate through the 100+ folders and their files? I don't have or want a smart phone and keeping a laptop on my knees would be a real buzzkill. Right now I use the 105 just for stereo audio and it's plugged into an old LCD monitor for navigation and set-up.
2channel8
Essentially you are asking how to play digital files containedon Usb drives without the Oppo.  Your Ayre becomes irrelevant here because it lacks digital inputs.  I would keep the Oppo and the monitor and continue to use it-them for the usb drives and any other format that the Ayre doesn’t play (Blu Ray, SACD, whatever).  If you don’t like the sound of the Oppo add an external DAC, and pick one that will enhance the sound of the Ayre
The Ayre C-5xe is a player only.
The Oppo BDP-105 has an integrated DAC.
It may be possible to use the Oppo DAC with an adapter.
You may want to keep the Oppo unless you want to use a different DAC.
A network streamer could be used in place of PC.
Since you have your files on USB drives you may be ready to go to 
External storage and the next step would be a Local Server / NAS.
Greg

I own both of these players and I can tell you the Ayre is much better at Redbook, SACD and DVD Audio than the Oppo. The Oppo is a great multi channel as well as BluRay video. I have and suggest you keep both. Each offers features the other doesn’t, unless you don’t need the multi channel or video performance of the Oppo. As far as the USB playback, I am sure you can find other options for that task.
I tried burning some of my USB files on a DVD with some success this evening; but that alone wouldn't solve the problem, since much of the best music is FLAC or DSD; which I think the Ayre won't handle anyway. It seems the best idea is going to be to keep the Oppo, at least until I can figure a way to handle the job for less money than I can sell the Oppo for. It's actually an EVS modded 105D that sounds pretty good. I also have a number of HDCDs that the Ayre won't decode(although redbook on the Ayre may sound better than HDCD on the Oppo. Can't wait to find out.) Gotta respect the Oppo for all it does!

Thanks to all for your contributions. I'll post my findings once I've put some hours on the new player. @theo, thanks for confirming that the C-5xeMP is worth the effort and expense!
Well, I use a Bryston BDP-2 as my USB- Flash Drive / Hard drive player. Super easy to set up and it sits in my audio rack.

ozzy