Tweeter Capacitor Upgrade (Coincident PREs)

Hi all, looking to upgrade the Solen 4.7uF 100V caps that filter the low frequencies out of the Accuton tweeters on my Coincident PREs.  Started by looking at Duelund's, but PartsConnection doesn't even list prices for a lot of the models (or is out of stock) at that value... that motivated me to try and collect some impressions from the group.

Apparently Isreal is using Mundorfs in that position at this point.

As always, thanks for the input.
128x128cal3713
@cal3713 Another vote for the Jupiter Coppers in your application as a cap to be placed in series with the Accutron tweeter.   I used the Jupiter in my Coincident Super Victory II for that application with a Duelund Silver by-pass, and could not be happier.  In the end, all we can do is guess.  The good news here is that it is not hard to improve on the Solens, but no one can tell you for sure what the "best" cap for your application is going to be.   Just be aware that the Jupiters are painfully slow on break in.  They oscillate between really good to really bad for at least 120 hours, maybe 200, and apparently it is common for them to require 400 hours to completely stabilize.
@audioman58 I am also perplexed by the crossover design in the PREs.  I don't know what one might find in the woofer cabinet, but since the preferred wiring arrangement is a direct connection from the monitors to the amps, with a second set of cables running to the woofers, and since the monitor enclosure contains only one crossover in series with the tweeter, I must surmise that the midrange is being run full range.  It would seem that the midrange is truly crossoverless, with no inductor or capacitor in series or even in parallel.  When I rebuilt the crossovers on my Coincident Super Victory IIs, I chose to stick with the stock Solen 12 and 14 gauge inductors.  I don't regret the decision, but of course it may have been possible to improve upon them.  I think the big bang for the buck here is going to be in swapping out the tweeter cap.  The PREs are already superb, in my humble opinion, speakers.  It may not take anything more to get cal3713 where he wants to be. 
I wonder how the PRE would sound with some paper in oil caps? It only uses two so it wouldn’t be that hard of a mod?
Do not willy nilly change coils!

You have to match the DCR or you can make fundamental changes to the tone, and not in a good way.

For the woofer coil DCR sets the bass level, as well as helps with baffle step. Meaning, you must measure the DCR and only replace with equivalents (within reasonable tolerances).

In parallel to the driver, changing DCR without adding R can really muck with the impedance curve and have unintended consequences.
Good article on capacitor comparison and listening tests. http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html
My speaker manufacture uses extremely tight tolerances so as Erik mentioned above just the differences in tolerances can shift the cutoff frequency substantially. One of the reasons I chose the capacitor I did was tight 1% tolerance along with excellent sound for expense ratio. I am a Mundorf Supreme Silver Oil guy myself for preamps and Supreme in speakers.  Paper in oil capacitors typically have 10 to 20% tolerances. So do pay attention to attempting to get a reasonably tight tolerance match of the capacitor you are replacing.  I have had good experience with Sonic Craft as a seller, large inventory, good prices, fast shipping and they do capacitor matching for a minimal fee.    

Warning: Do not measure capacitance value when tweeter is still in circuit. To duplicate its value precisely, I measured the capacitance value before I ordered replacement. Since the capacitance meter puts a signal out to measure capacitance value it can fry you tweeters! Don’t be a dummy like me, remove the capacitor from the circuit. My mistake cost me a few hundred bucks; however, I was able to replace the ribbons later and now have a spare set of tweeters. I am good with my mistake now, but when I looked at my tweeters and saw those shredded tweeters I was kicking myself.

I agree with Erik you only change inductors if you have the correct 
inductance reading or label on the inductor. The Jantzen Copper foil waxed paper inductors are a great buy and close to the best out there .wiring cap, for sure better Gold over Copper Connectors 
vs the stock Gold over Brass ,4x the conductivity ,
And  rewire it with a Quality Wire ,Supra awg 13 ,and 15 
is a Huge upgrade then the Coincident Wire at less then $3 a ft Madisound.