Curious what people think is the best "value" high end speaker (~5K to 15K)

I am on a long search for speakers and just curious what people think is the best value both new or used in speakers ranging from around $5000 to $15000? I have a set of Paradigm S8's (V1) and love them but looking for another set for another set in a different listening area (25 x 20?, maybe larger).  I love the full sound of JBL's and looking for something in that range (it also helps that JBL's seem to hold their value better than most, which will be a consideration). The only drawback to JBL is footprint.  I prefer a smaller footprint which is why after reading I hope to listen to several B&W 800 series but open to suggestions across the board.  used Watt Puppies? Revels?  I am curious about peoples experience with McIntosh XR100's. 
gene3x
Yes Bo, you’re the Einstein of audio. 

And far far more entertaining than that goofy Tara Cable Labs thread OP. 

Please continue............
@bo1972...............

Sour Grapes? Now I know who had my post removed. I buy my equipment for me, not to impress you or anyone else. My McIntosh equipment will last long after most come and go boutique audio company’s are long gone. The fact that both my systems put a smile on my face when I listen to them assures me that what I bought is right for me. I have 50 years in this hobby and sold audio for a living for 15 years so I do know a thing or two about audio. Although I am sure myself or anyone else knows as much as you.

While you may think you are an audio god, you are far from it. Perhaps you should petition Audiogon to give you your own forum. A good title would be “Blowhard Bo’s Corner”, where the answers are very long winded, but say nothing.
Audio is all about sound and music. The question for all people is.....what do you prefer to hear?

The truth or the thing you would like to hear. Even if you know it is not true.

The facts proof that when you do audio by trail and error it is impossible to understand the steps you make. And you will never be able to understand what each part you changed really does. This is the main reason why so many people are always in a circle changing parts within their system.

In the last 2 years I had many conversations with people who also work in audio for a long time. The agreed that the way audio is being done is not the right way to give people the best results. I think this is what needed to give people a lot more value for their money.

In over 20 years of time I met too many people who where never focused on listening to music. Often when I visited people I was stunned how little music people owned. The money you spend on your system can only be a good investment when you use it each single day. And it gives you a big smile on your face whenever you use it .

Trial and error will always create systems which miss different aspects of sound. This has nothing to do with personal taste. We are talking about facts. You always will need all the different aspects/properties of sound to experience the emotion your music possesses.

When I meet new clients they are aware that their is missing something. They understrand that their system cannot give them the emotion and satisfaction they hope to find. But they do not understand why their system is not capable of letting them feel the emotion and to find the connection with their own music.

The truth is that their systems lack different aspects/properties of sound. Again this has nothing to do with personal taste. These are facts why those people are not happy. It doesn’t matter what you change in your system. The endresult will stay incomplete.

When people say: audio is a personal taste. I ask them; can you explain how you would describe your personal taste?

Most people hasitate and after some thime they say; it needs to be musical or natural.

So I aks; what do you mean with musical and natural?

And again they have difficulty to find an answer. So they say: it needs to give me an emotional feeling.

So again I ask; when gives your music you an emotional feeling?

They have no idea?

So ask them: do you know how the human emotion works regarding music? And which parts infleunces our emotion. I aksed it far over 50 people who work in audio for a long time. And no one could tell me.

I did read a lot about the human emotion, and I know all the parts and how it works.

Even when I ask people could you decribe your personal taste and where it is founded one?

Again people have no idea or difficulties to describe it. It all proofs how thin the ice is where all people are walking on when they do audio by trial and error.

The thing what was most remarkable, was the fact that when I talked with people about audio. That they realized and it made them aware that they do not have a real foundation on how they choose their audio systems.

First you need to understand sound and music in general. Even here I asked many simple questions to all different people. And again they had difficulties to find an answer.

It becomes very clear that people need to learn to think a lot further. It is needed to create a stunning and involving audio system.

I am not God or Jesus. You need to focus more on the facts. And what sound is and how music works. We are not talking about rocket science. People need to get out of their lazy chair and read about music and how our emotion works. 

Like the people who work in audio needs to spend a lot more time in doing research in both sound and vision. And spend time in learning more about sound&vision.

We have access to a lot of data by the internet. People don't use it enough. When I write something people always make it so personal. That is why I stopped using brands and products. They still make it personal or they focus only on products.

It is not about me. You need to look further. People are always talking about brands and products. I can garantee you for 100% that this will never bring you that far. Audio is all about sound. And sound is all about the properties it owns. When you do not start to learn to understand it. You will always limit yourself with an incomplete trial and error created system. With even many faults and limitations.