Spendor ST vs. B&W 803d vs. PMC PB1i ???

These speakers are all at roughly the same price point, but how do they compare in a high quality 2 channel audiophile system?

I have heard the 803d and PB1i with Bryston electronics (on two different occasions), and liked them both. I will soon compare them side by side at the same dealer.

There is scant information regarding the Spendor ST. Has anyone heard it? How does it compare to B&W or PMC?

Though Spendor has a venerable history, is it still in the same league as B&W or PMC?

Regards,

Mark
toronto416
I would add that I made a mistake above - the Xmax of the Vifa driver appears to be a mere 1 mm not 3 mm. This performance is similar to most small dome tweeters that have a similar magnet size ...so you get the idea or why I would be concerned about spending so much on this speakers IF and it is a big IF they used the Vifa driver that I mentioned above.
I would also suggest the IB2i. There is a favorable review of them in the current HIFICRITIC. They said in part" It delivers a muscular , authoritative and fundamentally accurate sound which makes many domestic speakers sound like wimps". I am also an admirer of the ATC midrange, which I had in my Nelson Reed 804s. If I wanted this kind of sound I would look at ATC speakers, several of which are currently available used on Agon at a favorable price. The review pointed out that the ATC SCM50SL is the closest competition on the British market. The IB2s are speakers that like a large room and lots of power, they estimated it could handle 400 watts. I have 6 pair of Spendor currently but their new range does not appeal to me.
The less expensive mid-driver is used in the OB1i and lower models. The PB1i, EB1i and higher models use the more expensive, heavier mid-driver. This is one of the main reasons there is a significant price jump from the OB1i to the PB1i. I own the EB1i's and have heard the PB1i's. The PB1i's are a fabulous speaker that won't dissappoint. I'm sure the IB2i's are great too.
PB1i and EB1i both have Vifa mid, the same one found in OB1, it is not PMC mid.
Yes, you are correct, my mistake. The PB1i and EB1i does have heavier duty low range drivers than the OB1i.