Curious what people think is the best "value" high end speaker (~5K to 15K)

I am on a long search for speakers and just curious what people think is the best value both new or used in speakers ranging from around $5000 to $15000? I have a set of Paradigm S8's (V1) and love them but looking for another set for another set in a different listening area (25 x 20?, maybe larger).  I love the full sound of JBL's and looking for something in that range (it also helps that JBL's seem to hold their value better than most, which will be a consideration). The only drawback to JBL is footprint.  I prefer a smaller footprint which is why after reading I hope to listen to several B&W 800 series but open to suggestions across the board.  used Watt Puppies? Revels?  I am curious about peoples experience with McIntosh XR100's. 
gene3x
I have heard good things about Salk and are definitely on a demo list for me.  Thank you for the value input Larry. 

I am definitely enjoying the Tekton DI's and I have to say they will be hard to beat for the price although not as aesthetically pleasing as others. 

I am now comparing them to the Persona 3f's in my space and I have to say that I am totally impressed although I can see what people mean about the Beryllium tweeters being harsh after awhile.  They would be especially harsh after loud rock music for long periods of time but are absolutely a great speaker all around.  The 3f's have amazing bass response given their size. 
Oh, and I really like the Salk wood grain look.  I always seem to be drawn aesthetically to any speaker that has a natural wood look. 
I own the Legacy Focus XDs with the Wavelet DAC/preamp/crossover/room correction unit and I could not be happier. I listened to B&W, GE Tritons and bunch of others, nothing even came close to what this system does. I have a Cary 120s mk2 driving the mids and AMT tweeters, truly spectacular imaging, tight full bass extension and smooth detailed top end. I doubt I will ever want more. And all this for well under 15k.
I'm gonna be selling a pair of Vandersteen 5s soon easy to drive adjustable bass for any room and they sound fantastic
I may have given my 2 cnts somewhere in here. Anyway, Emerald Physics 2.8s are on sale, or can be purchased with a little bargaining round $5K. I haven't heard them, but based on my 2 years with their KC IIs, they should be giant killers. Open baffle means you are not paying for cabinetry and they're  96dB so you can run them with small power amp/s