The Future of Audio Amplification

I have recently paired an Audio Research DS225 Class D amplifier with an Audio Research tube preamplifier (SP8 mkii). I cannot believe how wonderful and lifelike my music sounds. The DS225 replaced an Audio Research SD135 Class AB amplifier. Perhaps the SD135 is just not as good as some of the better quality amps that are out there, but it got me thinking that amazingly wonderful sonance can be achieved with a tubed pre and Class D amp. I have a hunch that as more people experience this combination, it will likely catch on and become the future path of many, if not most audiophile systems. It is interesting that Audio Research has been at the forefront of this development.
distortions
Hello guys
I think the thread has gone to technical for me. 
Im not an expert, but I've tried some class A amps, SS and tubes, and now Im trying a Nord One UP NC500DM class D amp, wich has just replaced my previous beloved Line Magnetic LM-508IA class A valve amp (single ended 300B), wich had a VERY good reputation among audiophiles. 
Using both as power amps with the exact same system (a pretty revealing one) I must confess that Im blown away by the superior perfomance on "every" field the class D amp has against the 300B class A valve amp.
On every field Im not Just referring only to grip, dinamics and holographic sound, but also on some fields I thought were the 300B amp strengths like warm, delicacy, tone and texture. 
I still cannot believe the outstanding perfomance of this Great class D amp, even its not burned in yet as it only has about 30 to 40 hours playing and it should get "much" better. 
Its incredible! It cost less than a half, weights about 30 kg less, produces considerable less heat and I dont need to spend on valves ever again.
I was a valve amp lover, but now I found a much better and cheaper solución for my system.
To believe or not to believe. 
Ric, really good input (NPI) from you;) and likely why Peter Madnick's AA design got such rave reviews. Owning the DPA-1 (stereo amp) the only tim I notice glare is from poorly recorded discs. And yes, I recall ringing whn I had my KBA 75 with chassis long heatsinks

plga, lucky you. Is it the NC 500 Mk II?  I am close to pulling the trigger on a pair of Audio Alchemy monos for about the same money as the Nord Mk II. Not surprising, it's out of stock. Wish I could hear them. Im in S Florida

https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/nord-one-se-nc500
Hello tweak1
No, its not the MKII.
I bought it just a few days before the MKII was released because I didnt know! Colin didnt tell me that, otherwise I would have wait for the MKII. 
Nevertheless, this model sounds "superb" with the Sonic Imagery Op Amps. 
To have an idea, Hulgich Audio, an australian speaker factory, won the best sounding stand award on 2017, and second best on 2018, on a HiFi Show in Australia, competing against systems that costed hundreds of thousands and the amps used on those shows where Nord One UP NC500DM Monoblocks. My opinion is that you cant go wrong with the MKII.

plga, I just checked Nords site. It would cost > $2.2k for the Mk IIs. I don't mind the wait, but I can get a pair of AA monos for ~ $1500 (MSRP $3990) and that extra $700 I would need to spend now is a big stretch. I realize that the perceived value in the new amps could pay off at some later date, and that when I sell the AAs, they might further drop in value when I decide to sell
Well, thats something you have to think and decide on your own.
It will be difficult for me to sell my previous 300B valve amp because its an expensive one and in my country (Argentina) there arent many people that can buy it, but I dont care much because, even selling it at a very low price, I should recover the money I spent on the Nord. And Im not even considering the replacement valves I have in stock and I also have to sell.
But everything is now less importante considering that I have now a much better sound, less heat, less energy consumption, a smaller and lighter amp and I wont have to spend on valves ever again. 
Is up to you and your circumstances.