KEF for Near-field?

I currently have KEF x300A for my desk.

I'm looking for a great near-field solution, and am open to thoughts. I'd rather something easy I can buy easily.

Options: I do already own a Peachtree Sky & Audioquest Bi-Wire Cables. I suppose I could move it into the LR (or attempt to sell, but the 300/R3 I can literally pop into place). 

KEF R300: $1,200 (Current prices on sale). 
R3: $2,000 (Worth the $800 premium over R300's?)
LS50 Wireless: $2,000 (Seems ideal; but scared of failure)
matrixrabbit
Has anybody compared the x300a to the LS50 Wireless? Obviously free beats buying the $2300, but I do like the Nocturne's. Obviously taste varies for everyone, but it has a unique artistic look. 
The X300a could not compere in sound quality to my passive LS50's on my desktop (both on isoacoustic stands). I agree with a poster that the LS50's are a little large for a desk. My desk is 57" long but it was still better to me than the smaller desk oriented X300a. So what that should mean is that the wireless will be even better than my passive LS50 because the wireless has DSP created for desktop usage. I think the X300a did too, but that would have been older tech and I liked the passive LS50 way better.
Matrix we are a long time Kef dealer with all the models you are considering on display.

You have a few options if money is the driving considering run to get the R300 for $1,200.00 they are more musical then the LS 50 and have more bass. They are not quite as detailed but overall they are the better speaker

The new R is way better than any of the other monitors you are looking at and are more refined with a more precise soundstage, they have a similar level of detail as the LS 50 but the top end is a bit sweater overall.

Factor in deeper bass and a bigger sounstage makes them clearly the winner  although they are the most expensive of all the speakers you are looking at and should sound fantastic with the Peachtree.

Good luck

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
@audiotroy 

Well over the holidays I had purchased the LS50 Wireless Nocturne, no complaints. The app has an 'increased bass' function, and naturally any more I'd just get a KEF Kube.

If you're a KEF dealer, how about pricing on models such as used Reference 3/5's? Or what's a great competitor? Perhaps the R11's deliver 90% of the quality.

Given your goal is to make sells, naturally you may favor more expensive items. 

Post removed