What unknown musical artist would you like to share with your fellow audiophiles?

When it comes to music, about half of my friends are "collectors" and the other half are true audiophiles. It seems the collectors are so obsessed with the size of their collections, that they leave no room in their budget for quality audio equipment. I think the audiophiles, with their focus on quality over quantity, are the ones with their priorities straight. So, unless you are on an unlimited budget, I'm guessing that audiophiles are more selective in their musical purchases. That being the case, I'm curious about what "buried treasures" have you been able to find? Thanks for responding and I look forward to discovering some good music, based on your suggestions.

I'll lead off with the band Crack The Sky, most notably their first two albums: "Crack The Sky" (1975) and "Animal Notes" (1976). I would describe them as a cross between Be Bop Deluxe and Frank Zappa. Their music is unique and totally unmistakable with anyone else. Choice cuts from the debut album are: "Ice;" She's a Dancer;" "Mind Baby" & "Sleep." Choice cuts from Animal Notes are: "Animal Skins;" "Wet Teenager;" Virgin....No" & "Maybe I Can Fool Everybody."
mitchagain
@boxer12: In 1982,I asked a British exchange student what was the next UK band that I should be on the lookout for. He recommended THE THE. I laughed and said that I liked them already, just based on their name.

The following year Soul Mining came out. I'd rate that as one of their best albums, along with Mind Bomb and Dusk. All of their albums typically have some great songs that will also test out the limits of your audio system. I'll check out Naked Self again. I recall it being a little bit stark and low key; so, I maybe it needs another listen to truly appreciate it. 
Tony Bird, Tony Bird, Tony Bird!

Tony was a fixture on the coffeehouse folk scene. He still around though he's battling cancer these days. He was a most unique performer. There aren't many videos of him and only three albums. It's a pity. He wrote beautiful songs. All you had to do was accept or embrace his voice. He is a white man from Africa. He emulates an African sound that isn't appealing to some. Stick with it if you decide to give a listen. Bob Dylan ( with whom he can be compared) dropped in on one of Tony's shows for a listen. Harry Belafonte put one of Tony's songs in his own show for awhile. Any lovers of Tony's music here? Joe
Jimbo Mathis and the Tri-State Coalition - Americana/Alt-Country/Hillbilly Rock - Check out "Dark Night of the Soul" and "White Buffalo", both great albums

Ass Ponys - "Electric Rock Music" is a masterpiece album. Hometown Cincinnati boys.

Hollie Smith - "Long Player" Really good album.

Morcheeba - "Big Calm"  Smooooooth.......