Best multi channel amp and processor good for 2 channel listening.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have a few questions in reference to HT processors.  I am starting from scratch and switching from a Krell S-1000 and S-1500.  I sold the processor a few months back and I going to list here the amp.

I am currently considering the new Bryston 9B3 and the SP4 and decision was based on upgrade ability and warranty. The speakers for HT will be Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home and for 2 channel Verity Otello’s.  My second choice was Classe but I was informed that they have all sales on hold, this is concerning.  I have not listened to either, my choice is based on reviews and the Bryston dealer.  My decision was also based they are both good for two channel, I am not set on this but it will help the budget and space.  I am looking for a warm and good over all sound; some might say 3 dimensional sound, clarity is also a factor.  Actually, all I’ve read in reference to Classe fits the bill.  I would like a couple of other choices to include in my short list and opinions are welcome. The budget for the processor and amp is approx. 22k.  

Thanks to all.....
maguiar
That SP4 doesn’t even support Dolby Vision so I wouldn’t wanna buy a product that costs that much and is already outdated; also, $14K to just be a DAC and amplify the line-level connection(s) is a bit much, adding some high end subs (dual Rythmik G25HP for instance, AVS Forums “Top Pick” for 2018) and room treatment if you don’t already have would be far more worth your money.

You also want room correction, so I would consider:

* Marantz 8805, ~$4500 MSRP, would recommend the $20 app to edit the Audyssey curve, as it employs something similar to the BBC Dip. Super high quality analog outputs and equally high end AKM DACs.

* Anthem AV60, $3000 MSRP, it’s room correction is said to be better than Audyssey. The Marantz is more for a few reason, one is 13ch processing, which is the cheapest 13ch professor on the market (the Bryston is 15ch, so you are paying probably an $8000 premium just for that), but since you aren’t doing that, the Anthem may be better, except I don’t know the quality of the DAC (and it’s internal analog section may not be clean enough to allow an external DAC to be better).

* Arcam AV860, ~$5500 MSRP, it has Dirac which is said to be top tier in room correction (which is what the Bryston has as well). It’s DAC section is also pretty good.

For amplification, how many channels, and do you want a single unit?

Hi mzk,

I am thankful for your imput and this is exactly why I started this topic.  I am older and not technical at all but really love and appreciate good sound, so please bare with me.  

Originally, I was considering going with a good sounding quality amp maybe the Bryston 9B3 and the Anthem AVM 60, but would still need to add a 2 channel for music.  I’ve read the SP4 is good for 2 channel and considering Bryston’s future upgrades, this was considered.  Any suggestions on a good two channel amp for my Verity’s? I will also look into the Arcam you suggested. 

Any news on Classe? I spoke to one of their only dealer I found in my state and they are being kept in the dark, plus all orders were stopped for now.

To answer your question I am looking in having set up a 7.1 system. 

Thanks again,

Marilyn
used Oppo 95,105,205 + used  Bryston 9B-ST. use Oppo build in volume control and directly link to Bryston.