Jimmy Page, It's time to call your lawyers?

I'm pretty late to this party--as usual.  A Chicago radio station is starry-eyed over Greta Van Fleet.  I gave them a listen today.  All I could think was...

Is this a Zeppelin parody band? 

There are so many features to their sound, playing, and sonics that sound just like LZ--so much so that I cannot get into the music passionately.  These are (IMHO):  Vocals (phrasing mimics Robert Plant without stopping);  Lyrics (the themes seem, based on limited listening, to track LZ);  Lead Guitar (I cannot think of another guitarist who sounds like he's trying to sound like Page as much as this one).  

Does Greta Van Fleet sound like a facsimile to you?  I'm not hung up on punishing artists who copy, as I think it's part and parcel of the art form.  But I'm having real trouble getting past the photocopy nature of this.  Again, this is just one person's opinion. So curious to hear what others think and feel about this group.  I'd like to give them more of a chance and maybe others can help.  For now, I can't keep listening.

128x128jbhiller
The Zeppelin influences are obvious. 

Led Zeppelin were influenced by other artists, and they influenced many other artists, some who were probably more blatant in their attempts to try to sound "Zeppelinish".  Whitesnake and Kingdom Come are a couple that come to mind.

Early Heart was heavily influenced by Zeppelin and I love their music from their early albums.  They covered some Zep songs in concert, worked with John Paul Jones later in their career and clearly embraced their influence.

I don't mind the similar sound that they've cultivated, and I actually like that there are younger people trying to make new music that sounds like the classic rock I grew up with.  I think it's unfortunate that the band seems to have tried to distance themselves from Led Zeppelin.  They would have done themselves a favor by acknowledging their influence on their music.

At the end of the day, it's whether the music grabs you or not.  My girlfriend's son is really into them and gave me one of their EPs for Christmas, which I played last night.  There was one song I really liked, but overall, it's not something I'll go out of my way to listen to again and again.
With all the garbage on rock radio I think it’s refreshing personally. 

+1 pops. The Led Zeppelin influences are blatant but enjoyable and it will be interesting to hear what they do on future albums. 

I too am a LZ fan, with that said they are guilty of stealing a few riffs themselves from, I don’t know maybe Howling Wolf, Spirit and others before them. Just sayin.
They've played in clubs around here(4 or 5 yrs ) and used to do a LZ set.They were pretty upfront about being heavily influenced by them at the time.I think they're very talented but unimaginative.There's only one LZ.I think of them as a way overdramatic tribute band.