Best DIY power cable. Why not make?

Ok perhaps I don't get it.  You have hot, neutral, ground and connectors.  I am looking for advise from those that have found the secret sauce in making power cables or at least those that have had great success.  With all the quality cable and connectors why not make your own?  I refuse to pay $2,000 plus for a power cable that would take a hour to build.  I am seeking your guidance and suggestions.  Thanks!   
goose

You are just adding one more, unnecessary, connection point to the chain. Spades can come loose or break.
I completely agree with you here.  It is one more connection and one more type of material for the signal/electricity to travel through.
They are also bad for speaker cables, though, and for the same reasons. (in theory).
For those that poopoo on wire. I posted this on asylum a few weeks back. I was once in your camp too...

Also my shop HIFI Buys loaned me AudioQuest Hurricane power cocrds to try. I poopoo'd these of course. It's wire, it's power wire. Hooked 2 up to the Mac 601 monos, Well crap.... ok so maybe it's me. I sat the wife down who really did not want too. She said Alan had found another sucker. She and I both heard a level of grudge removed that is very real. Small but sweet. I really did not want my Amex near these but even she said go ahead lol. Interesting that the test on the AR Ref6 was kinda a no go. I think it's better but not for the money, the amps a no brainer. Who would have thought, it's wire....