Favorite band or artist of all time?

1st of all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone at Audiogon!
I've Have been thinking about it(hundreds of choices)and lately  just wondering, If you had to pick just one, what would be your favorite band or artist of all time???
 Extremely hard decision!, but Mine would be Elton John.
(deeply rooted since I was 10 or 11) Old fart now😎
128x128arcam88
I'll agree with a couple previous posts. Favorites can definitely vary  By mood and/or day of the week. I have hundreds of favorites if not thousands.
But I've thought it through and over all I will stand with the music of Elton John and Bernie Taupin😎
I can't take seriously anyone who writes a song entitled "Foxy Lady". But then I have a low tolerance for corniness. At the time the lyrics to that song were being written, Van Dyke Parks was providing Brian Wilson with the lyrics for his Smile album.
Favorite Rock ’n’ Roller Dave Edmunds. Favorite songwriter Brian Wilson and Iris Dement. Favorite band The Band. Favorite singer George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Iris Dement, Emmylou Harris, Richard Manuel, Brenda Lee, Big Joe Turner, Howlin’ Wolf, Little Richard. Favorite drummer Roger Hawkins, Jim Gordon, Levon Helm, Richard Manuel. Favorite guitarist Dave Edmunds, Chuck Berry, Danny Gatton, Albert Lee, Steve Cropper, James Burton. Favorite bassist James Jamerson. Favorite composer JSB.
"I can't take seriously anyone who writes a song entitled "Foxy Lady"

If that's the basis for your broad-brush, "lyrics of little interest" comment, you'll certainly understand why I don't take seriously your literary O-pinions (other insightful musical comments not withstanding).  
I just guessing here, but I have a feeling he has a low tolerance of people who set their guitars on fire, too. 🔥