Favorite band or artist of all time?

1st of all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone at Audiogon!
I've Have been thinking about it(hundreds of choices)and lately  just wondering, If you had to pick just one, what would be your favorite band or artist of all time???
 Extremely hard decision!, but Mine would be Elton John.
(deeply rooted since I was 10 or 11) Old fart now😎
128x128arcam88
Re Jimi:
He tried to mimic his idol (Dylan) in lyric writing. Sometimes very good, other times painfully derivative and amateurish. Oh, but his guitar playing--still wow.
For me, it will always be the Allman Bros. Band with Duane Allman.  Saw him live in 71, he had The Touch on slide and the band was tight.  I still think Live at the Fillmore is the best kive album of all time.

Just one old guys view.  Cream would be second on my list for many reasons.
I'd have to say War.  Greatest funk band ever and their recordings are pretty darn good.
Emerson Lake & Palmer AND of course, Tiny Tim … "Tiptoe Through The Tulips!!!

Atlantic Records in-house producer Jerry Wexler was given Wilson Pickett as a project by the label's president Ahmet Ertegun. When Wexler told Pickett they were going down to Muscle Shoals, Alabama to record, he recoiled in horror. Wilson, like many southern blacks, had fled the south to escape it's brutal racism. Wexler prevailed, and Wilson says when he entered Fame studios his worst fears were realized. Sitting around the studio were a group of "crackers"---chubby white guys with stogies in their mouths, hats pushed back on their heads. You can picture them, right?

Wilson's fear dissolved when the group of crackers commenced playing; he says it was the funkiest band he had ever heard in his life! Bob Dylan knew before anyone else what those southern players had to offer; he had been going there to record since early-'65. Many others have gone their since, including Eric Clapton, The Stones, and on and on.

Speaking of Clapton and Ertegun, here's how the latter characterized the Disraeli Gears album tapes the former turned over to Atlantic: "Psychedelic horsesh*t". Sound like any other recently-mentioned guitarist? Clapton soon thereafter saw the wisdom of that statement when George Harrison played him the Music From Big Pink album. That was the end of Cream (thank God ;-) .