Going to try digital

Hello need help going digital .i have a Mc 275 Gordon gow cj Et3se vpi table Von schweikert mk3 2 speakers .  Need a digital streaming system maybe a transport.help please scooter

128x128scooter0005
The problem with buying an all-in-one solution is it’s like buying a SS receiver that has Blu-ray player and VHS player built-in. There are undoubtedly compromises everywhere to meet a price-point.

If you have a MacBook or a Mac Mini, I would highly recommend starting there and adding either USB DAC or Ethernet DAC. IF you add USB DAC, you will need a regenerator like this:
https://sotm-usa.com/collections/sotm-ultra/products/copy-of-tx-usbultra-regenerator-1

If you are using USB, I highly recommend Amarra for playback app. If you are using Ethernet, I recommend Linn Kinsky/minimserver. These are free. Rip CD’s with XLD on Mac and dbpoweramp on PC.

With this hardware and apps, you can rival and even beat the sound of your vinyl, providing you get the right DAC and digital interface. DAC’s to consider:

Empirical Audio Overdrive SX
DaVinci
TotalDAC
Chord Dave
Aqua
Lampizator
Denafrips Terminator
T&A DAC 8

I prefer Ethernet to USB because you can use any computer and very little mucking around is required to achieve outstanding audio quality. You will need a streamer or an Ethernet renderer for this. I use:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=156409.0

Or the same interface inside my Overdrive SX DAC. It’s modular. I can stream using Linn Kazoo, also freeware.

See various good reviews on audiostream, as well as shootouts:
https://www.audiostream.com/content/great-dac/

Their best-bits is usually a good place to start.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
We're using LUMIN for our digital streaming purposes now. Super friendly user interface from the iOS/Android app, and also compatible with third-party apps if you want to use something else.

Could you expand upon what you are looking for by "very flexible"? That could either mean lots of inputs and outputs, or it could mean lots of configuration options, or lots of different features, or compatibility with lots of different streaming services.

One of the most flexible systems we carry is the Devialet Expert Pro line. Mostly because you can program it to change how different inputs and outputs are used, and also can tweak certain things on individual connections like delay and crossover points. It also supports network streaming.
Naim NDX2 seems to be good if you want a streaming solution. You can add Uniti Core for ripping if you need that and don't want to use your computer. They also have ND555 if you want state of the art.

NAD M50.2 is often mentioned as a good solution for digital sound.
Steve (audioengr) brings a good point: USB vs ethernet for connecting streamer to DAC. There are very few options for ethernet connected DACs, but this is said to have significant advantages such as no optimized computer needed as front end and that computer can sit anywhere in the house while with USB it needs to be close as possible and under 10 feet USB cable. Lynx sells a Dante card for the Hilo which apparently would enable this but I haven't tried because I already have the optimized computer. But if starting from scratch this is a decision worth keeping in mind: I could have my noisy general purpose PC connected thru ethernet to my Hilo and maybe get the same sound quality.

Steve also mentions USB regeneration if going USB, another good suggestion. I'm adding here since you are new to this: as far as I'm aware these devices are limited to 2-channel audio, so keep in mind/verify if thinking multichannel might be in your future. Yet to reinforce Steve's advice: when I was doing 2-channel I had my optimized PC going into an Audiophilleo (regenerator) feeding a Metrum Octave DAC. The combined price of Audiophilleo plus Octave was $2k. Three years later I tried in my system an Exasound e32 brand new technology with pico clock, top of the line, highly regarded DAC at $3k and the cheaper and older system sounded better so sold the e32. Good reclockers have a significant impact!! But limited to 2 channels so I don't use anymore.

I still think you would be better off starting with a computer you already have and adding a good DAC to get started. Consider USB vs ethernet DAC now you know pros/cons of each.

Regarding ethernet or USB there is at least One more option, using wifi. If the dac has a memory and a reclocker it should be possible to get really good sound with wifi.

https://darko.audio/2018/08/ethernet-or-wifi-which-is-better-for-high-end-audio-streaming/