Avalon Acoustics?

What's the deal with them?  I see their website is up to date, but it's been years since I've seen a review or really seen anyone mention or recommend them.  What happened?
128x128twoleftears
What happened.....they became too over priced.One of my favorite speakers over the years and I've owned a few models but last time I looked which I admit has been a while,their cost are just stupid.Way better speakers available for way less money...thats what happened, IMO.
They make a good speaker, however they use mostly Acuton diamond and ceramic midrange drivers made to their specifications. The bad news is  if you need to replace any drivers  they have to be purchased from Avalon and their pricing is extremely high. Got abused once and will never do that again.
Call me a skeptic but I am hesitant to believe that the drivers are made to spec.  I do see wood spacers and ferrules which I can understand for mounting purposes.  They addressed the leaking goo syndrome that plagued the Eidolons and Ascendants appropriately I think.  

I agree with you in regard to their drivers not made to spec. I purchased new mid range drivers from them and they were  at least 1/4 “ higher in overall thickness and the wire attaching device was reversed in terms of polarity compared to the original one it replaced. I think they sold me knock off. 
Manufacturers End of life drivers a lot of times. And speaker makers have no choice but to source new ones.  Are you talking about the C90-6-079 (vs the old 078) mid or the D20N6-31 tweeter?
if they use a 12dB per octave crossover I am certain they’d have to reverse the polarity and notate that the red dot.