Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
Tweak1,
Because some of us have tube preamp sections in our integrated amps.
I can tell you why my amps are Always turned off after each use:
Lightning strikes!  I turn them off by unplugging from the wall.  At $7K its not worth risking damage.  

I lost my entire sound system/ TV/ Digital readout on my Bridgeport mill, and more due to a strike which came in via the main power supply from the street.   This is the second time I have been hit.  The first came in from the grounding system and took out my well pump.

Hello slimpikins5, if your amps do not require warm up, go with what your ears tell you....

Eric's report of very long warm up time for ICEpower amps is similar to mine.... Although with my old ROland M312 I started to hear better sound after one hour or so.... Very good sound after 24 hours of power up and crunching some signal, and best performance after one more day or two.

NCore 1200 devices seem to have a faster warmup curve.

As for George... Perhaps he and I are not talking to the same manufacturers *Grins!* Or perhaps his ears are dramatically different from mine and Eric's.

About 24/7 power up.... I confess that my wintertime 24/7 practice will come to a schreeching halt by may, when the thunderstorm season starts around.... At that time I will change to a "turn off after music" policy. ... Even now, if I hear any distance thunder in the middle of the night, I get up, power down,  and then disconnect the entire system from the AC outlets.

G.

Eric’s report of very long warm up time for ICEpower amps is similar to mine....

Glad to hear I am not alone.

Although with my old ROland M312 I started to hear better sound after one hour or so....

Ahhh! This reminds me of a JR Class D amp I heard years ago, cold. It was painful to listen to. It was only many years later that I went with all Class D and didn’t put the two together. Thanks!

E