Focal Scala Utopia vs Wilson Sasha?

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has directly compared the Focal Scala to the Wilson Sasha? I have recently auditioned the Focal Scala a couple of times and whilst at first I was not quite satisfied , upon a second and more thorough listening I must say, I am seduced. Problem is, I have also loved Wilson speakers but, living in Australia- no one is getting the Sashas for another 2-3 months. Any suggestions?? Do I go with the Scalas now, or wait to audition the Wilson Sashas? Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks.
-Cameron.
camali
I recently heard a pair at a PA dealer and I have to say I was pretty bored with the sound...you are talking about speakers that retail for the price of a mid size sedan!

I am astounded with the market for these...
Elviukai,

Thanks, that is a lot of air time you've had with these speakers. Sounds like you work in the industry to have priviliged with so many fine speakers. While I see what you mean, I don't quite agree. Personally when I listen to music I want to engage. For background listening I could use a radio or alarm clock. I have my SF Cremona M. I do like these speakers a great deal, but they are a little polite and do not pull me into the music as much as scala. But I know what you mean very well, since my wife similar taste to your night time preference.

Did you say that Maestro is superior to Grande in soundstage/mid-range balance?

Northstar,

I am constantly astounded as this hobby grows... :) I hope to end the upgrading bit for many years with next upgrade. Depends entireley where you spend your time and what you enjoy. Car is important and i wouldn't spend more on hi-fi but priority could be very different for other people. I think enough said already on this sliperry topic!
Kw13> actualy my preference is also to have exciting expierence when listening to music, but in the evening time i like to read a book or do some other activity where music should be as background- not to draw atention to it. And Auditor M does this (except for the top octave - where its too "fresh" and too airy - i use tone control to atenuate high frequencies a bit)

as for maestro and grande EM-i sent email.
Northstar,
In this country, not just mid size sedans sold for speaker money but there are speaker cables and interconnects sold for sedan price ticket. Sad but it is very likely to be true!
"actualy my preference is also to have exciting expierence when listening to music, but in the evening time i like to read a book or do some other activity where music should be as background- not to draw atention to it."

Elviukai,
Lol... Does this strike you as being even a little bit like asking a beautiful woman to look appealing only during romantic activities and not when you're trying to watch the news. I do see your point of view: too much of a good thing and all that; but really...