OTL amplifier and electrostatic loudspeakers

I would like to connect in an amplifier "Atma-Sphere M50" a loudspeaker Quad 988. Are there experiences whether OTL amplifier and elektostatische loudspeakers well function? Thanks for your cooperation!
128x128graphitteller
@tomic601 , as we both own Vandy's. I concur. A great manufacturer stands by their product. Considering that I bought my 3a sigs used, Mr. V. called me back the next day, and even the following day to see if I still had a problem. Now that is exceptional service.

Do you have Atmasphere's?
B
@gdnrbob - no , not yet.....I have my Dad’s old but hot rod MC240 in my “vintage” system  where the 30 wpc or 60 wpc OTL would shine... and then the Treo in a Condo where monoblocks sans tube cages would be in danger of the 4 and 5 year old nephews.... and the Vandersteen M7 amps in my reference system..... so I am for now an ardent admirer and wannabe kit amp builder...
the war department and my sanity stand as temporary obstacles....
graphitteller
  OTL amplifier and electrostatic loudspeakers
"Atma-Sphere M50" a loudspeaker Quad 988

With this sort of power from the OTL’s and an output impedance of 4.1Ω, on a speaker that’s only 83db!!, I would say no. Get the right amp, and not a expensive interim fix with autoformers.

M50-60
60 watts per channel into 8 Ω load
45 watts per channel into 4 Ω load
80 watts per channel into 16 Ω load

https://www.stereophile.com/images/archivesart/quad989fig1.jpg

Cheers George