Linear tracking turntables, whatever happened?

Curious as to the demise and downfall of the seemingly short lived linear tracking TT.
Just from a geometry point of view I would have thought a linear arm should be superior to one with a fixed pivot that sweeps through an arc.
Obviously there is much more to it than that, sort of the reason for this thread.
I am genuinely interested in trying one out for myself as well.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xuberwaltz
Is there a place that could fix Mitsubishi LT-30? I believe it is only a tonearm belt, but I may be wrong.

Having said that, maybe linear tracking turntables had more to break down?
They were great but like anything with complexity they can (will) fail over time and could be difficult to repair.  You can still see some listed for sale on craigslist in major cities from time to time.  Nothing beats the simplicity and reliability of a direct-drive turntable with a pivoting tonearm.
I have: Rabco (TT and arm), Beogram, Saul Marantz, Revox and Diatone (Mitsubishi). I still think a pivoted arm is better (simpler and easier to set up).
Good morning Lew,
Back to the business. Upsetting is your word not mine. Nothing upsets me after 40+ yrs in Hi-Fi, only prejudice and ignorance makes me laugh really. I never mentioned frictionless either on functionality of LT TAs. There´s a hell of lot friction in both sides of stylus when playing a record, that friction generates the sound. 
I repeat: no extra force nor resistance is needed to hold the stylus in the groove so with AB TAs servos are voodoo. The groove does the jog. Dot.

If you have heard a LT TA before why not say it right away. Your first writing gives the impression of the opposite. Too much confusion.
Very well then... Excellent you are considering buying a Trans-Fi arm but it has taken already five-six years you first said that. Life´s short man. Why dontcha buy one right now ? I know you are a man of reason, due to your great gear as seen online.
It´s audio´s most ridiculous bargain. It will fix your Lenco just perfectly (don´t take my word, there´s plenty evidence of Trans-Fi/Lencos online). And in the unlike case you don´t like it for whatever reason you can sell it very easily in used markets. One stayed less than a day on AOS market a few days back. 
I have never had issues with Terminator, only my clumsiness and goofing around in the beginning as a novice  : ). Funny thing, to my great delight I found a linear tracker is easier to adjust properly than pivot arms which are the real PITA in practice, not to mention that ever annoying anti-skate which is practically never right not to mention perfect, and even so it´s always just so darn futile : /
Adjusting Terminator PERFECTLY takes LOTS of time. But once you have taken the sweaty task to make it work, the job´s done. Just sit back and enjoy life.
The only "drawback" I´ve had: the low-pressure Sera Aquarium pump broke after exactly ten years´ almost daily service just recently. Vic send me new for 25 pounds.

Good luck and have fun : )