KEF for Near-field?

I currently have KEF x300A for my desk.

I'm looking for a great near-field solution, and am open to thoughts. I'd rather something easy I can buy easily.

Options: I do already own a Peachtree Sky & Audioquest Bi-Wire Cables. I suppose I could move it into the LR (or attempt to sell, but the 300/R3 I can literally pop into place). 

KEF R300: $1,200 (Current prices on sale). 
R3: $2,000 (Worth the $800 premium over R300's?)
LS50 Wireless: $2,000 (Seems ideal; but scared of failure)
matrixrabbit
@schubert 

That idea is what led me to the Uni-Q driver idea. I have to say the LS50 Wireless sounds great, and again, am just really loving the Nocturne look. I know so many people hate it for its Sci-Fi vibe, but it really is unique.

I went a bit off-track in my above question since I'm also looking for a living room setup. I certainly wouldn't put floor-standers at my desk. 
Uni-Q is a 2 way for coherence not nearfield.I got a great deal on the 2K$ Omega Super Alnico single driver which enables me to listen 6 feet away in a bad condo room far better than I could with anything else .
Schubert you can absolutely listen to Kef's nearfield the fact that the tweeter is directly in the center of the midrange means that all frequencies arrive from the same point in space, also the quasi horn load of the shallow midrange's flair creates a very wide soundstage that helps create a very credible impression of muscians playing in space even if you listen to them close up.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ KEF Dealers
What distance is considered the dividing line between nearfield and non-nearfield? Nearfield about 6' and less, non-nearfield greater than 6'?